PDA

View Full Version : Another Interior

codyburke610
02-23-2011, 02:02 AM
Still practicing interiors, the first image has radiosity and lights, the second image has no radiosity.

Iain mentioned working on an exterior so I'm also working on a scene to practice that lighting, as well.

I'm trying to avoid using radiosity, is that the best bet to truly get good at lighting?

Also, I'm trying to wrap my head around the linear workflow in LW10. I'm not sure If I understand it correctly, but when I bring in images for UV's I make sure they are set to sRGB, I also go into the display options and set all the options to sRGB in the CS tab. And when I render I save out in sRGB. I think it does help get a more realistic feel over doing everything in linear workspace, but I guess I just don't understand exactly what it's doing.

C&C Welcome! Thanks

-Cody-

Mitja
02-23-2011, 04:24 AM
The best bet is to use radiosity. Without it you will not achieve any realistic renders, that's for sure.
As for linear workflow, it should be all set to sRGB as you are doing. There's a video tutorial over there in the tips&tricks section, check it out, very useful.
Anyways: keep testing!

3DGFXStudios
02-23-2011, 07:30 AM
Looks like you need more RPE...

codyburke610
02-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Thanks Mitja, I saw the presentation on Linear Workflow and that definitely helped a lot.

3DGFXStudios - Hey man, yeah I'm getting some blotchey's in the radiosity render. I have my RPE set to 1500, I'm doing a render now with it a little higher to see.

Thanks
-Cody-

abdelkarim
02-27-2011, 04:53 PM
u can try with radiosity and uncheck interpolated and uncheck to use behind test .

but when u uncheck iterpolated i think "use behind test" its uncheck auto with interpolated

try but render time is so long .