PDA

View Full Version : Image won't stay put! Going nuts!

macahuna
02-22-2011, 02:41 PM
I've got an oil filter modeled. I need an ortho rendering at 1500W x 2550H. I've rendered it forty times at a lower resolution with no problems. VPR shows that everything is in place. At this res, when I punch F9, the filter has moved down a third of its height, leaving the bottom cut off. When I abort (or let it finish), the image moves on-screen to match the botched rendering - about ten seconds later! I set up Limited Region, but get the same results. Switching from a VPR view to Textured Shading or anything else also causes the image to drop.

What stupid thing did I do to cause this, and how can I get back to work?

Thanks,

Ron

wrench
02-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Show us some pics of what you mean.

B

Lewis
02-22-2011, 02:50 PM
render with F10 with save option. It might be that your machine don't have neough ram to display image when rendered with F9.

macahuna
02-22-2011, 02:55 PM
Here's a before and after. The before shows a textured shaded solid view. The after is what happens when I hit VPR - and the way it renders. I'll try F10 next.

...F10 gave the same results.

Thanks,

Ron

nickdigital
02-22-2011, 03:01 PM
If you're moving your camera or the object are you keying it in place? VPR updates the render depending on how you've moved things in the view even if you haven't keyed anything in place.

macahuna
02-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Thanks. That was the trick. Evidently, I must have set a key when I was reach for my coffee or something. There's no animation going on. I created another key (with the filter in place), and it renders perfectly (well, as perfect as I can get it for now).

Thank you very, very much!

Ron