PDA

View Full Version : Help with Expression

richdj
02-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Hey,

I'm trying to rig a wheel and a spring. I have a morph on the spring, so it compresses. I'm trying to create a simple rig, where I have a null which when it moves up / down, the morph does the same. That's working fine. Next, I'm trying to make it where the wheel object goes up and down. For some reason, the wheel which is sitting on the ground, decides to lock onto the ground (at it's pivot), then when it moves up (with the null), it goes way too high. I can sort the increase with a simple *.5 at the end. But, can't get the wheel to stay at it's original position. Any idea's?

When I say the expression is simple I mean, simple. [spring.Position.Y]

Rich

RebelHill
02-21-2011, 09:31 AM
You should check the nulls actual postion value at a given spot with the channel box, and comapre the value for the wheel to make sure the values are the same... which ofc they should be as that expression will just copy the value from the referenced channel... so assuming that is how it is working, then its possible that the null is the child of something that has been scaled down... so what appears to be a smaller move of the null translates into a bigger move on the wheel.

Any which way... the simplest method is probably just to forget the expression anyhow, and use the same as item control to link the wheel to the null.

richdj
02-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Cheers, I'm sure I managed it some time ago. I'll use something different.

Rich