PDA

View Full Version : orthographic camera

slv
02-21-2011, 05:35 AM
Hi all, i have a problem with orthographic camera in lightwave 9.6 _ i create a model for a competition project _ i have import autocad plan in the modeler with lwcad _ i create a roof for the project _ and export it in dxf file with lwcad , this dxf file match perfectly with autocad plan in autocad, when i render the roof with orthographic camera for create a master plan. the roof don't match with the plan _ here an example ( black line is autocad line _ and the roof render with the superposition line ).
my camera is good position at 90 in the top view...
So, do you know if there is a problem with the orthographic camera , does is create real front view or not , have you an issue _ thanks a lot
sylvain

www.5500k.carbonmade.com

lardbros
02-21-2011, 06:40 AM
I just thought Layout's ortho cam was a cheat (just my opinion), not sure it's actually doing what it says, but think there are other 3rd party cameras you could try.

Have you tried using a normal cam, placing it miles away and then zooming in on your subject? It may work? Sorry I can't be more help!

Actually, just found this too:
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113177&highlight=orthographic+camera

slv
02-22-2011, 04:51 AM
thank you Lardbros for your reply, i appreciated.
I'm surprised that this point was yet a fake in 2O11 _ Newtek, please we can't always used fake tools, there is a lot of people used lightwave for visualization architectural and over precision discipline. we are working for professional compagny _ I don't want to do a morale lesson _ but don't forget, your better advertising, this is our work _ we lightwave users!
So _ there remains 11 days before the end of the temporary license 9.6 beta.
I'm architect and not alone used lightwave : if you don't know it, you can see a little part of my work here:
www.5500k.carbonmade.com

Please , is it possible to have for the next release:
_ a real orthographic camera
_ a real physical sky
_ an envelope in image world for possibility to animated heading offset and brightness ( important ).
_ a angle numerical option for knife tools ( actually , impossible to cut with a perfect angle of 90 ).
a rail extrude can make a profil extrusion with a perfect perpendicular position between the first and the end of the curve. ( actually the end profil position is never perpendical to the curve ) ( lwcad work fine with 2D curve _ there is some problems with 3D curve )
the possibility to classify by alphabetical list the image in image editor ( usefull when we have a lot of image texture in a large scene )
the possibilty to zoom with the scroll mouse in viewport.
a bridge tool with side option as bezier tool works in 64bits system.
a fast open GL ( slow with large scene )
integrated real nurbs for very complexe geometry ( important )
an import_export nurbs objects from over software ( with rhinoceros for example _ actually rhino create bad or strange export polygonal objects).
I forget certainly things.
Actually i can't open all my scenes with LW10 because it does not recognize the name of the textures with accents as lw9.6 ( in france we used accent ).
a user that does you confidence_ very cordialy

lardbros
02-22-2011, 05:20 AM
Right, I think I may be able to help a little bit more:

I'm not 100% sure that the cam is a cheat, just an assumption if it isn't producing correct renders. Also here's a list of other things that may help... all for free, but they are 3rd party! Try them out before you make your mind up on the upgrade!

Physical Sky: Go to Denis Pontonnier's website and download his plugins.
He has 'Sun Sky' which will do what you want, here http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/Sunsky.html

Also, his other plugins like DP Instance and ALL of his great procedural textures are awesome, and as nodes or layers!
http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/main_en.htm

an envelope in image world for possibility to animated heading offset and brightness:

Try SIBL (Smart Image Based Lighting). A plugin developed by Christian Bloch. This will set up a dome for your HDR lighting, using a low-res HDR map, set a high res one up for reflections, and have nice gizmos to rotate the whole hdr scene around, using standard animating tool rotate! http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/

Believe me, they are hard at work on the update for LW10.0 so don't worry, I'm certain this will all get fixed at some point!