PDA

View Full Version : Is this a Bug?

halley
02-18-2011, 10:52 AM
I've started to texture a project and was playing with global Illumination. When i turned on Radosity with Interpolated and Blur Background checked, these setting were a default, I get a wearied rainbow checked pattern on my objects. With the two unchecked I get what looks like a normal render. Please see images.

I'm using LW 9.6 with an ATI Radeon HD 3400

Thanks for any help.

Also does any one know of any good material on using polygons to light a scene?

halley
02-18-2011, 11:04 AM
I'm also getting missing icons in Modeler and Layout. I have un-installed and and re-installed LW and checked for video driver updates with no luck.

moussepipi2000
02-18-2011, 07:34 PM
i never use it but maybe its the radiosity flag enable. its new features so its little bit hidden int the menu :

moussepipi2000
02-19-2011, 02:48 AM
and try to delete all your lightwave cfg file

Exception
02-19-2011, 03:30 AM
The missing icons are a windows issue rather than a LW issue. If you have Aero turned off, they won't appear.

Fausto
02-21-2011, 12:07 PM
I sure hope newtek write this software to expect that some people are going to run their operating systems with Aero turned off? I've noticed a similar problem with CS5, albeit not as bad. In CS5 with Aero disabled, the tool bar and the window controls look aweful. They still appear, and they still function as advertised, but they look different. The Lightwave problem cripples the software, you have no idea what settings are on, or off.

wrench
02-21-2011, 03:43 PM
I don't get why people want to turn Aero off. As I understood it, the whole point of it is to shift the UI to the graphics card rather than rely on the processor to draw everything and only then send the finished screen to the card? That can only be a good thing...

B

halley
02-22-2011, 08:39 AM
The Aero settings work with getting by icons back, but I am still having render issues with the global illumination settings. I will probably not use these setting for my final render but I'm curious why this is happening. Any thoughts.

I could not get the two images to upload earlier and now have them included.

Thanks for the help with the Aero settings.