PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave locks texture files

Mailman
09-30-2003, 03:16 PM
I've found this problem to be quite frustrating. I am creating texures in my paint program for a model made in Lightwave 3D. I use lightwave to preview how the texture looks on the model. When I load the texture into lightwave, the program locks the file making it impossible for my paint program to save the file while lighwave is open. This becomes tedious as I have to close Lightwave and reopen it every time I make a small change to the texture in the paint program. I looked around in the LW options and I couldn't find any options for file locking. Is there any way around this?

murdoch
09-30-2003, 04:31 PM
no problems here. the image doesn't update on the fly so i have to 'replace' the old texture with new in the image editor. what OS are you using? could be a pc thing. you could save incremental versions of the texture - pic_01.psd, pic_02.psd etc. - and 'replace' each new update. gotta be quicker than quiting and reloading.

John Fornasar
09-30-2003, 09:47 PM
No file lock here with Win2000, just confirmed it with Photoshop and Windows Paint... the do an Image Replace as per Murdock, instant update...