PDA

View Full Version : USTREAM and Tricaster Studio

hughdemand
02-17-2011, 07:35 AM
Good morning folks. There seems to be a few mentions on this topic around the net. I was unable to locate an approach that would make it work.

Does anyone know of a "current" definitve source for any hints, rocedures, to stream the TC350 using USTREAM ?

Thanks

Whit

bbeanan
02-17-2011, 09:39 AM
There really are no tricks I do it all the time last time was 2 days ago. Watch this video that Zane made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXqGNyp5xqw

hughdemand
02-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Thanks Brett

I followed the excellent video. Unfortunately when I got to the point where you click on Stream Live Output (in the TC screen), I got an error message that "Flash Media Encoder terminated prematurely; please try again".

Have you encountered this error message before? Any thoughts as to what I may have missed?

Thanks again for the direct to the video.

Whit

bbeanan
02-17-2011, 11:10 AM
sounds like your stream location url is wrong or mis-copied. You may also want to try a reboot of the TriCaster

SUPER TIP: Also at the end of one of the two it says offair... change that to onair and now you will not need to launch the broadcaster panel to start your stream...

hughdemand
02-17-2011, 12:24 PM
Will give it a try. rebooting TC right now.

Thanks

Whit

lvsoule
02-22-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm trying to get Ustream to work with the XD850- There is no Ustream push streams in the profile on the XD850 as in the video. Also Ustream isn't working with the XD850- any thoughts- Any video like the one for the Tricaster to help get it going.

thanks
-Larry

bbeanan
02-22-2011, 01:50 PM
you just use any Flash profile you want

lvsoule
02-22-2011, 03:07 PM
yep you're right- I'm just used to the old settings. Also once you have the initial adobe media encoder set and the ustream honed in... YOU DO NOT have to open them again to run a stream. This is where we kept making mistakes. I though you had to hit broadcast each time. The only thing you have to open is the XD850 interface and away you go.

Now it's really easy.

bbeanan
02-22-2011, 04:23 PM
replace the offair at the end of the ustream address with onair and you no longer need to login to ustream or even use their silly broadcaster window

P_Swindall
05-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Brett
I tried replacing offair with onair, and I STILL can't get my Ustream account to stream... do I launch FME BEFORE I launch my TC and hit "stream"???

bbeanan
05-01-2011, 02:44 PM
nope that is all I did. FME is not needed since it is built into the TriCaster

Dimitry G
05-08-2011, 01:40 AM
hmm simply taking out "offair" from the address should suffice, no need to add "onair" Maybe that's your issue?

pro---studio
05-08-2011, 06:57 AM
Yes - that's right. It was my fault. You don't need to write "onair". Just remove the word "offair" from your stream ID. That shopuld work. I tried it yesterday with our TCXD850 and it worked fine!

Regards

pro.

P_Swindall
05-23-2011, 01:01 PM
I had updated to 2.5, and couldn't get my brand new TC Studio on Ustream initially... they sent me a link to another update file (via FTP) and I installed it and the "onair" thing worked PERFECTLY after that!

joseburgos
05-23-2011, 01:56 PM
I had updated to 2.5, and couldn't get my brand new TC Studio on Ustream initially... they sent me a link to another update file (via FTP) and I installed it and the "onair" thing worked PERFECTLY after that!

Glad it is all good now.