PDA

View Full Version : camera locking

Nigel Baker
02-17-2011, 05:23 AM
Hello all,

I have a very large scene and occasionally as I move the camera around in Layout I end up moving objects instead.
Is there anyway without locking the objects that I can set the camera to just pick the camera and move the camera
without interfering with other elements in the scene.
This has been a long wish of mine.

That is another point, if I lock objects, I can no longer select them in the window view.
I have to use scene editor instead to located and select them to change attributes,
very daunting if I have several hundred elements in a scene.

Hope there are some good tips out there.

Regards,
Nigel

nickdigital
02-17-2011, 10:03 AM
What about just using the hot key Shift+C to select the camera?

Nigel Baker
02-17-2011, 10:13 AM
Hello NickDigital,

It is not the actual selecting the camera is the issue but while pushing with the mouse in the screen to move
the mouse 1 out of 5 times an object becomes selected and and ends up moving. It deselects the camera
and selects the objects instead.

Just very frustrating.
It would be great if you could select the camera and lock the selection if you want and then use the camera to do
what ever operations you want to carry out.

Regards,
Nigel

nickdigital
02-17-2011, 10:25 AM
What if you click select in an area where there isn't an object?

Nigel Baker
02-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Hello NickDigital,

No that does not work.
I always click into an empty space but if something has a bounding box area, even if there is nothing directly under the mouse it can still select an object.

Regards,
Nigel

nickdigital
02-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Ah ok. I don't believe there's a way to lock your camera selection. I would just use the Shift+C route and just be mindful of where you're clicking.

wrench
02-17-2011, 04:47 PM
But you can choose to select objects only with the middle mouse button by turning off "Left Button Item Select" in general preferences. That will help.

B