PDA

View Full Version : funny way to make bokeh effect of light

moussepipi2000
02-17-2011, 05:04 AM
i found this by mistake but it can make the background light really realistic if you dont have after effect and some plugin to do it.

here the way

-Make some point in modeler. select all of it and press E (extend).

-go to layout, and give high luminosity to the dot. in camera settings set high value of oversampling (10 in this example) and render it.

funk
02-17-2011, 07:18 AM
Thanks for sharing. I'll have to experiment with this idea

wrench
02-17-2011, 07:24 AM
That's cool, but you know there is the possibility to do Bokeh in LightWave now anyway? With MoBlur and DoF you have the option to set the number of sides for your lens...

B

moussepipi2000
02-17-2011, 07:33 AM
yeah but it take long time to render if you dont want noise.

i didnt try to simulate depth of field with oversampling Enveloppe if it jitter or not.

ArtGoblin
02-17-2011, 10:46 AM
That effect is looking really nice ! I'd be interested in seeing how well this works in animation. I've spent a lot of time creating the bokeh particle effect using DOF, and it can be a real pain, and also it can take up way to much rendering time. Wich is especially frustrating if the intended usage is just going to be really subtle dust in the forground.
This is what I ended up with. I like the results, but I've kind of iced the project since the render times are too high.
http://www.vimeo.com/18413740

So any cool tricks on creating this effect without the render hit are diamonds ! :)

moussepipi2000
02-17-2011, 09:42 PM
i tried with animation and it doenst jitter or make weird artefact.

vfxwizard
02-18-2011, 01:16 AM
Very cool!

BTW, I just tried this idea on a partigon emitter with particle blur and it works fine.

Thanks for sharing, moussepipi.

archijam
02-18-2011, 02:44 AM
I wonder if you could set an envelope for the oversampling .. ? Then you could animate the scale of the bokeh and overlay in post...