PDA

View Full Version : Not enuf memory

jimiclaybrooks
02-16-2011, 07:25 PM
Twice it has happened to me, that I setup this scene, and LWave says that there's not enough memory and the scene crashes. What I don't get is, I've done scenes with alot more images and characters, and it didn't crash before. This particular scene is using about 3 gigs of memory, acording to the task manager. And as you can see from the attached image, there is not that much to the scene since I have 8 gigs of Ram and a 64 bit OS, (Windows XP Pro). Can anyone tell me what the issue might be, and how I can get this render done? thanks

jimiclaybrooks
02-16-2011, 07:53 PM
OK, so I took out all the animated characters except one, and tested the scene. I got a render, so clearly, there is a memory issue goin on. I guess there's just too many image maps in the scene. I'll just render it in passes, and that'll get the job done. Sorry to bother yu guys

Mr Rid
02-16-2011, 08:07 PM
Reducing images to 256 or greyscale may help your situation- http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115566&highlight=256

Svenart
02-16-2011, 08:14 PM
your 8GB Ram and your 64bit system is useless if you use 32bit Lightwave. Install the 64bit version, then it should work.

fazi69
02-18-2011, 06:08 AM
This particular scene is using about 3 gigs of memory, acording to the task manager.

I just can`t imagine that this simple and low poly scene can eat 3GB !
Many years ago I made historic visualization on celeron 400mhz with 368mb ram without even one glitch. Maybe you have some big uncompressed avi loaded for some reason ? ( fire clipmaps ? ) becouse even in 32bit LW you shouldn`t have any memory issues. Take a look :

Lightwolf
02-18-2011, 06:26 AM
What are your subdivision settings for the characters? And which kind of SubDs are they using?

Cheers,
Mike

MUCUS
02-18-2011, 07:25 AM
If their is still bones in character, maybe could you too back them to .mdd? It should free some space in the space