PDA

View Full Version : Make object visible to only one camera

Getting Board
02-15-2011, 11:30 AM
I have 3 cameras in a scene. One of the cameras has two objects (CCTV screens) parented to it. Sometimes those objects fall into view of the cameras that provide the 'source' of the CCTV image. I need the CCTV screens visible to my main cam, but not visible to the other two cameras.

The only option I have seen for not rendering an object is the, "Unseen by camera" option. The problem is that you can't select WHICH camera the object is unseen by. This option makes the object unseen by ALL cameras.

Is there some way of making an object visible/invisible on a "per camera" basis?

Thanks for reading

Lance Richardson
GettingBoard.com

NanoGator
02-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Are you doing one big long render or one render per camera?

4dartist
02-15-2011, 01:44 PM
nano the CCTV takes what another camera sees and maps in on a polygon I think, so he's trying to do it in one render I think.

I guess if this would work, could you pre-render the CCTV cameras (with the geometry hidden) then map them on the the geometry as sequence images? I know this sorta defeats the purpose, but at least you could get the shot done.

Never actually used that thing before so.. don't listen to me.

NanoGator
02-15-2011, 01:50 PM
hmm.. I wonder if a gradient using 'camera incidence' or 'light incidence' could be hacked to work?