PDA

View Full Version : Debbie Does Dallas- Toy

WilliamVaughan
02-14-2011, 05:44 AM
This is a Bobblehead CG prototype for a Debbie Does Dallas Toy that we created at Applehead Factory last year. The head doesn't bobble though... the character's upper body bobbles instead... which seems more fitting.

It's a fun license to work with and is a bit of a departure from our Zombie Teddy Bears (Teddy Scares) and our friendly Zombie (Tofu the Vegan Zombie)!

This isn't the first time Applehead Factory used LightWave to create a toy. Tofu the Vegan Zombie was our first and we've done a few others like our Drink Master says Super Quarters game. (I'll post that one soon)

Kinda cool that the same software used for Film and TV is also being used for toys as well :)

Be on the lookout for this toy in the future. Enjoy!

Kuzey
02-14-2011, 06:03 AM
Reported...adult content...haha

Super cool :thumbsup:

Post a pic of the actual toy as well...when you get the chance!

Kuzey

lardbros
02-14-2011, 06:15 AM
More cool work...

loved the Tofu short... any more planned/in production William?

I won the DVD and a signed sketch (and a poster) through a magazine I used to subscribe to... awesome!!! :D

...and, yep to what Kuzey says... a piccy of the final toy would be good to see, or actually, a Youtube video of the 'bobble' action would be even better! ;)

WilliamVaughan
02-14-2011, 07:40 AM
The toy wont be out for awhile... Having products manufactured in China can be a slow process.

As for Tofu... We have all sorts of plans for the future. Be sure to check out the current Tofu products here:
http://www.monsterbot3000.bigcartel.com/products?search=Tofu&search-submit=

We could always use the support!

SonicPerfect
02-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Very funny model!!
And very well done too!!

Hopper
02-14-2011, 12:37 PM
Great model .. Totally unexpected (and fairly offensive for the whiners of the world), but awesome indeed. :thumbsup:

nickdigital
02-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Oh my!

Great model.

sampei
02-14-2011, 08:33 PM
your characters are always so cool William...I'd kill for a full blown character modeling video tutorial. Something like Taron's "the secrets of organic modeling", a whole character from start to finish.

oliversimonnet
02-15-2011, 07:25 AM
woah, cool character William!

3djock
02-15-2011, 07:54 AM
Great character job on the model..

I was wondering how do you get this to exact size for manufacturing? I know from experience lightwave is bad in this department when converting to say CAD.. Ouch!!

WilliamVaughan
02-15-2011, 08:18 AM
Great character job on the model..

I was wondering how do you get this to exact size for manufacturing? I know from experience lightwave is bad in this department when converting to say CAD.. Ouch!!

I use the STL exporter and make sure the manufacturer knows the scale.

valu
02-15-2011, 10:05 AM
oooo my god, itīs realy hot in here...hahahahahaha...Great job William, I loved it

MAUROCOR
02-16-2011, 04:02 AM
Just beautiful! You did it again, William Vaughan!:thumbsup:

Eternity-nu
02-16-2011, 07:18 AM
Hi William, I like your work great.

WilliamVaughan
02-16-2011, 07:34 AM
Thanx for the kind words!