PDA

View Full Version : lock state LW10 surface presets eo

nietzwaar
02-14-2011, 01:37 AM
Hello,
Using LW 10, W7 i constantly get:
1. locked surface preset; cannot safe
2. installed LWCAD plugin functions normally after installations but when restarting the button are greyed out and therefore not working
3. locked edit plug ins.

How do I get rid of this lock state?
I gave all LW10 programs full rights in there properties.

Thanks
gr Eric.

prometheus
02-14-2011, 10:34 AM
first..make sure you set your preset path in the preferences/path options and browse to your preset folder.

since windows 7 is overloaded with security stuff, I disabled running lightwave as administrator, in the lightwave 10 icon tab, under compability and privilege level, uncheck that, you would almost end up with UAC security prompts otherwise.

in the security tab for the icons properties, you should also select your account user and make sure you check all permissions, go in under edit permissions and select your user and check full permission for your user account.

Try that.

Michael

wrench
02-14-2011, 01:31 PM
I don't have any trouble running with UAC on in Windows 7, nor did I have to change any user permissions. The only thing I did differently when I installed was exactly the same as I've done for the last fifteen years - I don't put LightWave in "Program Files" (or "Program Files (x86)"). I put it in n:\NewTek, where n: is the letter for a disk drive, sometimes it's C:, this time it's D:. This helps with two things in this day and age:

1. If you redirect configs or use Screamernet you don't have to worry about paths with spaces in them that need quotes in the right places;
2. You are not affected by Vista/7's virtual store and paranoia concerning the default Program Files directories.

Try it for yourself. You'll find all your woes vanish... ;)

B

nietzwaar
02-16-2011, 07:23 AM
Hello Wrench and prometheus,

i tried both but it won't help.
Reinstalled 10 on drive D, and tried all kind of different settings with admin no admin etc.
I am with my hands in my hair!
Last year i was using XP 64 prof and never had any problems, now i thought it was time to update to W7 but I have nothing but trouble with this OS, so should it really be necessary to reinstall and downgrade? I hope someone's got an answer, I am very anxious for using 10.

thanx
gr Eric

prometheus
02-16-2011, 08:07 AM
Did you set your preset paths? in paths options?

take a print screen if you can on your lightwave icons privilegie settings, I will take a look at it to see if you could change anything there.

As mentioned, I have set my lw layout shortcut privilegie level as unchecked for administrator.

take a print screen on the Layouts icon shortcut security/Edit tab and
your user accounts permission and I will have a look.

Michael

nietzwaar
02-16-2011, 12:35 PM
These are my settings, they are the same for layout.
I cannot uncheck administrator (greyed out) but I cannn refus adminsrator.

What can it be?

prometheus
02-16-2011, 12:44 PM
These are my settings, they are the same for layout.
I cannot uncheck administrator (greyed out) but I cannn refus adminsrator.

What can it be?

perhaps that your already logged in with an administrator account?

maybe you should try creating another "ordinary account"
to be able to uncheck that.

The rest of the settings seems ok..And once again, did you set your preset path in the edit path options??

Michael

prometheus
02-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Ohh..there´s one more tab you should check in the lightwave layouts icon.
go to the schortcut tab and under advanced you should have run as administrator unchecked too.

Michael

nietzwaar
02-16-2011, 02:31 PM
i'll create another account, keep u posted, thnx

nietzwaar
02-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Hello,

I made another account but this does not help me it keeps going into locked state in LW 10.
In 9.6 I do not see a locked state, but when I try to save my surface preset, then just nothing happens, so I presum it's something like a hidden lock state?
Does nobody else have this problem?
maybe it's because I use a dutch windows?

Gr Eric

prometheus
02-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Hello,

I made another account but this does not help me it keeps going into locked state in LW 10.
In 9.6 I do not see a locked state, but when I try to save my surface preset, then just nothing happens, so I presum it's something like a hidden lock state?
Does nobody else have this problem?
maybe it's because I use a dutch windows?

Gr Eric

Ivé asked you this several times before, but I never got any answer about this, Where did you set your preset path? in the edit paths options, I use custom paths and autoscan for paths.

some people seem to have issues with this thou..check these threads..

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111315&highlight=presets+locked
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115585&highlight=presets+locked
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117118&highlight=presets+locked

I believe it also has something to do with the live store in windows 7.

I would suggest contacting Newtek technical support directly.

Michael

nietzwaar
02-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Ok, I get it now. As you said it was the preset path.
It was not clear to me that I could find this in layout, since I mostly work with modeler.
I changed the path now, but now I get them twice: workspace, the same as you get this, I'll take this for granted.
I can now fully use my LW10 Thanks Prometheus.
Sorry but I did not find the old post from you. When I type lock state in search it does not show up...
Seems like search is also giving me some problems..... something else, another time :)

Thanks for replying and greetings, Eric

prometheus
02-22-2011, 01:31 AM
Ok, I get it now. As you said it was the preset path.
It was not clear to me that I could find this in layout, since I mostly work with modeler.
I changed the path now, but now I get them twice: workspace, the same as you get this, I'll take this for granted.
I can now fully use my LW10 Thanks Prometheus.
Sorry but I did not find the old post from you. When I type lock state in search it does not show up...
Seems like search is also giving me some problems..... something else, another time :)

Thanks for replying and greetings, Eric

Great to finally get it working a little at least.

The windows 7 virtual store is something that affects the preset shelf it seems, and perhaps you should check the help files in lw10 regarding preset shelf since a few things are new.

I also got this double menus when I save the presets, but I think that was only on my work machine, at home it seems to be more like the "old way"

Im not sure if this with virtual store and the preset shelf is properly explained in any lightwave 9.6 or 10 docs, it would be a good thing if it is.

Michael