PDA

View Full Version : saving scene to keep all of parenting items

lreyes
02-11-2011, 09:26 PM
I think I worded the question wrong in a prior post...Let me try again...For instance: Lets say that I bring in a model with eyes and eyelids, and lets say that I parent them all so that when I move the model, everything moves.. when I save the scene, It comes back so that I have to parent all those items over again, is there a way to save everything and not have to parent those items all over again, this includes hair guides too? It is too time comsuming parenting all those items over and over again after I save a scene, I do say "Save all items", but it does not work for seperated layers like eyelids that I want to move individually, etc., etc

dwburman
02-11-2011, 11:54 PM
The scene file normally does save parenting relationships so you shouldn't be having this problem.

evenflcw
02-12-2011, 08:06 AM
"Save all items" in layout will basically only save edits to the surface settings. Everything else, including parenting relations, is saved to the scene file.

As dwburman writes, Layout should save parenting to the LWS. If that's the route you decided to take then use Load From Scene to load the parented layers in the future.

You can parent in Modeler through the Layer Browser. Just set it's mode from list to hierarchy from the popup in the upper right corner. That will save the parenting information to the LWO rather than LWS. But if you need to move and rotate pivots of each layer then you should still parent in layout as Modelers pivots are halfassed.