PDA

View Full Version : VT[3] Update 1 now available for download

Paul Lara
09-30-2003, 10:17 AM
NewTek, Inc., manufacturer of industry-leading 3D animation and video products, today announced the release of the first update for VT [3]TM, NewTek's integrated production suite for live and post production and editing. The update is free to registered owners of VT[3], and includes enhancements to DV support and DVD authoring program support, enhanced integration with Adobe® After Effects®, and integration with Discreet®'s forthcoming combustion® 3.

For more information, the full release is available here (http://www.newtek.com/products/vt/downloads/vt3-update-1.html)

Rich Deustachio
09-30-2003, 10:26 AM
Yaahoooo! Paul will this patch delete any custom toolshed items? If so what files do we need to back-up.

jerm
09-30-2003, 10:37 AM
There are files in the VT3\User Data folder under the user you are logged in as in Windows where you can find your Custom Spline Presets and others.

J_Camp
09-30-2003, 11:55 AM
Thanks, thanks, and more thanks...

Did I say "thanks"? Okay...well then, thanks, guys!!!

Jim_C
09-30-2003, 12:41 PM
Just installed and all old custom toolsheds are still there.

james_dmi
09-30-2003, 12:55 PM
That quite an impressive list of enhancements and fixes for the time you have had. I didn’t see any mention of fixes to importing VT2 projects? As I recall there where some issues with old projects that use the positioner and colour correction.

I was holding off on VT3 until this has been fixed as I have several ongoing projects.

J_Camp
09-30-2003, 01:15 PM
Dangit!!!!!

Spoke too soon on the "thanks" for the update. Everything has gone fine until the machine must "restart".

When it restarts, I get a Windows recognizing New Hardware window. (I'm not using that yet, because it's not mentioned anywhere in the setup instructions.)

When I try to start VT[3], I get the ol' "your last start did not exit properly and do you want to reset the configuration (I choose "yes".) Then I get a window that says

"Microsoft Visual Basic C++ Runtime Library

{big ol' red "X"} Runtime Error!
Program: C:\VT\VT[3].exe

abnormal program termination" :confused:

Can anyone help with this? I mean, I'd call technical support and ask, but when I did, I just got a message that said they were unable to take my call. :rolleyes:

Should I launch the Windows Detecting New Hardware and let it do it's thing or what? I've installed the patch twice and I'm getting nowhere. :(

jerm
09-30-2003, 01:19 PM
When the found new hardware wizard comes up just hit next. It should update the device driver automatically. The reason for the crash is because you skipped this step.

Jim_C
09-30-2003, 01:20 PM
Should I launch the Windows Detecting New Hardware and let it do it's thing or what?

Yes

ACross
09-30-2003, 01:20 PM
> That quite an impressive list of enhancements and fixes for the
> time you have had. I didn’t see any mention of fixes to importing
> VT2 projects? As I recall there where some issues with old
> projects that use the positioner and colour correction.
>
> I was holding off on VT3 until this has been fixed as I have
> several ongoing projects.

95% of all VT[2] projects should load just fine into VT[3]. For those other 5%, I posted the details on how to have VT[2] and VT[3] installed on the same machine ... which guarantees 100% compatability with old projects.

Andrew

J_Camp
09-30-2003, 01:54 PM
Thanks, guys, I just didn't see that mentioned anywhere (probably means I should just know it's coming). I was afraid to hit it and be told later "never hit that". :D

I am rolling along as we speak.

eon5
09-30-2003, 08:23 PM
very nice release, congrats & tkx !

only one question:
The AfterEffects loader and saver for NewTek's proprietary uncompressed RTV format can now be used on systems without VT[3] installed, allowing users to share RTV files throughout their production environment.

We have AE in PCs AND MACs... what i must do to use uncompressed RTV format in MACs ?