PDA

View Full Version : unusal happenings

neilp
02-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Hi Forum
I am using lw 9.6 and have had this problem for ages but now I'm fed up and looking for help. When I'm modelling and bevel or sometimes bolean I get the result I require but also get left 2 point poly's around the shape. I generally select the transformed poly in texture mode 'copy' then delete the unwanted 2 point polys and 'paste' the correct poly back in. Its a bit of a chew on that I could do without.

Any ideas to stop this would be super cool. :help:

Dodgy
02-10-2011, 06:48 AM
I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, I rarely get 2 point polys left over like this unless I've pressed E for extend and then not moved the extended points and merged after.

the3dwiz
02-10-2011, 07:08 AM
Not a solution to avoid 2Point polys, but to make it easy to select and delete them if they happen.
Keep the Polygon statistic Window open all the time. Deselect eventualy selected polygons, mousclick on the + sign next to the 2Vertices. All 2Point Polys get selected. Now you can delete them. Actually its good to check from time to time if there are 1Point or 2Point Polys left.
And a second tip. Merge your object (Points) after Boolians. It does not happen automatic. Hope this helps