PDA

View Full Version : Export path to motion not working on 10.0

inakito
02-10-2011, 03:40 AM
I just noticed when exporting a curve( path) from Modeller to Layout, the file doesnt save, therefore won´t be possible to make an object follow a path on Lightwave 10.
Has anyones experienced this bug so far?
Cheers

nickdigital
02-10-2011, 10:14 AM
It worked for me. I did both the path to motion export so I got a .mot file and also saved out the object and used it as a curve constraint. When saving out the .mot file are you actually typing in the ".mot" part?

inakito
02-16-2011, 05:59 AM
I tried both, with and without writing with the ".mot" extension and I am not being able to save the file, neither loaded as it cant be saved..

nickdigital
02-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Do you have some OS file restrictions on where you're trying to write this file? Maybe you're not allowed to write files to that drive.

Nangleator
02-16-2011, 11:31 AM
I've done it several times recently, although I've run into other problems. Namely, scaling the time of the imported motion can scramble keyframes, sometimes really badly. Even if you've got Fractional Frames selected, I think rounding errors get in.

moussepipi2000
02-17-2011, 09:53 PM
inakito. becareful if your path contain, asian or special character. try to save it with a path without all those character.

i cant export OBJ / FBX / COLLADA and some other thing with my japanese os.