PDA

View Full Version : cut my face off!!!

SEMIRO
09-30-2003, 08:52 AM
lets say i wanted to animate some guy getting his face slashed with a knife.
would i be able to somehow use effectors to make that happen kind of like the meteor video in the lightwave 3d video gallery, the water changes colour when the meteor passes over it...please help!

P.S
DO NOT TELL ME TO LOOK IN THE MANUAL, (WHICH I BURNED CUZ IT WAS NO USE)

Thanks

Hervé
10-01-2003, 12:41 AM
... did you really burned the manual.... well then you're not part of this community anymore....

I am surprised nobody told you that... never , I mean NEVER burn your manual.... well this is usually bad luck for 7 years... so good luck !

Devil inside. Angel outside

SEMIRO
10-01-2003, 02:43 AM
no i didnt really burn it...but i never look in it cuz i never find what i want...everything i know about lightwave i got from tutorials and this forum (IK setup, Morphs, Particle FX, the list is endless) but i dont know how to change textures with an effector......

WCameron
10-01-2003, 07:10 AM
possibly an endomorph could do it. or an animated
displacement map...

- Will.

Rich
10-01-2003, 09:16 AM
If I was going to do this I would first decide how close the camera was going to be to the face of the character. If it was not too close I think you could get by using an image sequence. I would uv map the face and then in PS or a paint program create the image frame by frame showing the slice. I would also maybe create a few particles to show the blood dripping off the face. If the camera is going to be really close then maybe like what WCameron said and use Endomorphs.