PDA

View Full Version : Interior

codyburke610
02-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Hey guys,

I would like to get a lot better at architecture type work, here's a recent interior that I'm finishing up. Any crits are certainty welcome.

-Cody-

jameswillmott
02-08-2011, 11:43 PM
Not a bad start. My first impression is that you modeled this by eye, rather than to scale, even if you had a reference, the sizes seem a little unlike what you'd see in reality.

The lighting is pleasant enough, but your textures seem a little too saturated, and if you found a nice timber floor texture ( with joint bumps ) it would improve the image a lot I think.

The details like the brand on the TV and on the front of the DVD player are quite nice.

Always work from a reference image, it'll help a lot.

Iain
02-09-2011, 03:15 AM
Yeah just to second James, sizes and proportion are crucial in arch viz as we all know right away when something looks off as we live and work in buildings. You must model to 1:1 scale and use references.
Textures have to be spot on too for the same reason. There's loads of good free floor textures out there.

Great start overall but I'd practice doing daytime stuff first as its easier to get a feel for and is what 99% of clients will want.

codyburke610
02-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Thanks James, and Iain

The scale was eye-balled for the most part. I was looking off some random interior I found on Google, but a lot of the dimensions were guesses.

I have LW 10 and was trying to wrap my head around the new linear work-flow. I had it looking nice once I rendered, but then as soon as I saved it out, that file looked very dark. Maybe I have some of the settings wrong?

Thanks
-Cody-

jameswillmott
02-10-2011, 03:19 PM
You've saved in the wrong colourspace, you need to save in sRGB.

I thought you'd eyeballed the sizes, they looked off. Do a search on a furniture manufacturer, they typically have sizes of their stock online, you can use that to get an overall size and just try to maintain the proportions from there.