PDA

View Full Version : Transformation/Morphing sequence?

adaminator1
02-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Okay, so for a project i'm working on I need to be able to morph a human into a dragon, everything in between, and even certain body parts without others being affected. I'm using Makehuman to get the base model, minus clothes, but I've literally got no effing idea on how to achieve that. D'you guys have any suggestions?

adaminator1
02-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Bump?

nickdigital
02-10-2011, 05:12 PM
I guess start with your human model and make a morph target and model away to make it into a dragon. You'll need to keep the point count the same though. The challenge will be if this needs any skeletal animation over time. You could probably move the bones and stuff but the problem will be that your model will be stretching which will result in your texture stretching as well.

adaminator1
02-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Yeah... It's gonna be hard. >.>

nickdigital
02-10-2011, 06:23 PM
I would suggest doing this with multiple shots. Reference the transformation sequence of the Wolfman or the Hulk. The transformation isn't done in one wide shot. There's a closeup of the hand, the feet, the face, maybe the back getting wider, etc. Think like a movie director. Get the most coverage with the least amount of work. The audience's imagination will fill in what they don't see as long as you push them in the right direction.

adaminator1
02-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Noted. Thanks ^^

I was thinking of having slow motion Gratuitous transformation sequences, but I doubt that'll be possible. ^^;