PDA

View Full Version : Working on one of my Guitars

colkai
02-28-2003, 01:19 PM
Been threatening to do this for a while, my slim-back electro-acoustic. Quite a way to go yet though.

http://www.colkai.dsl.pipex.com/miscwork/gtr2.jpg

Halsu
03-02-2003, 01:25 PM
Cool guitar, cool model.

Left handed?

colkai
03-03-2003, 11:37 AM
Yup!
Both my wife and myself are lefties :D

I think I'm going a bit OTT on the guitar, I have to decide if I really need so many polys on the hardware, but then, it isn't going to be animated, so what the heck! :p

I've been threatening to do this for ages, next stop - doing the strings - think I'll take the easy way out and bump map them.

The guitar is actually a Tanglewood OdesseyII - she's a beaut, only cost me 150 (UKP) as well - which is cheap for a leftie guitar, well, a half-way decent one anyways ;-)

-Colkai

Schwing
03-03-2003, 02:45 PM
Nice axe. The image map on the body looks low-res. I've been planing on modeling my 25th anniversary Les Paul. It's kind of beat, but it's my favorite.:)

kevman3d
03-03-2003, 04:57 PM
Very cool! I remember modelling my Warlock copy in TS2 many years ago... I think its still online somewhere in someones archive (in DXF format). Maybe I'll be inspired to model it again in LW, eh!

Be great to see the final version rendered...

colkai
03-04-2003, 05:37 AM
Hi Y'all - thanks for the positive feedback!
Schwing - the image map was overly streched, as it is, I've changed the wood type a little now and resized the textures somewhat.
Decided to carry on with the tuning heads and capstans instead of going onto the strings.
He he he .. 3K polys per tuning head - plus a fair few for the capstan. :p

Hopefully by the weekend I can post a more finished version. I intend to model a guitar stand to put in on, then I'll more than likely slap it in a quick 'room' as a background.

Cheers!
-Colkai

colkai
03-06-2003, 01:08 PM
Done a little more work on the headstock and added some tuning mechanisms
http://www.colkai.dsl.pipex.com/miscwork/gtr5-hstock.jpg