PDA

View Full Version : Focus issues with LW 10

IgnusFast
02-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Just posted the following bug: 36787
Wondering if this is a problem for anyone else...

Having major focus problems with LW 10. The minor issue is that dropdown menus, especially in the node editor, cause the main page to draw incorrectly. It will occasionally cause the window below it to shift down and to the right and make the dropdown itself stop responding properly. I cannot use the node editor as a result.

The other issue that frequently affects me is when using Multishift. If I select many polygons (usually, in the 1000 to 2000 range) and do a multishift, as soon as I tab out of the inset field, multishift starts processing the preview. The problem is that the multishift window loses focus. Most of the time when the initial inset preview is done and the multishift window regains focus, the cursor isn't in the shift box. So I click the shift box to give it focus, and multishift AGAIN does the inset preview, loses focus, and the whole thing gets stuck in a loop.

This is a problem with multiple features, but for me, this is the easiest way to duplicate it...

funk
02-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Its a known problem with windows 7
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114451

I posted a workaround, but found out later that it caused other problems.

We just have to wait for a fix from Newtek

IgnusFast
02-16-2011, 11:19 PM
Well, son of a....

Newtek emailed me, asking for more steps to reproduce or samples. So I set out to try and duplicate this issue. And I can't. I can't even duplicate the issues with the node editor that had completely stopped me from using it.

And what changed? I'd just installed the RTM release of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 tonight, just hours before I tried to duplicate it.

Unfortunately SP 1 isn't available quite yet - I think it will be in a few weeks. But if you have an MSDN subscription, I'd HIGHLY recommend you get it and try it out. It completely fixed all my UI issues...

Also posting this in the other thread, just in case.