PDA

View Full Version : Childrens heart day-social ad made with lw 10

drako
02-08-2011, 02:21 AM
This is a social advertising i made for GREENHILL PRODUCTIONS here in Athens Greece.All aspect of the production was done by me including character design,rigging and animation in LIGHTWAVE 10.Compsition was done in Adobe After Effects CS5.All the work was done in 2 days.Key of the 3d production was Maestro a rigging animation tool from Stillwater Pictures.
Hope you like it guys.....

http://vimeo.com/19678277

nickdigital
02-08-2011, 12:51 PM
That was really cute. Well done. :thumbsup:

probiner
02-08-2011, 01:13 PM
This looks cute, good job.

I just don't get the heart day? Thats normally reserved for elders, no?

Aahh greek so familiar in sound, yet i don't understand a word =)

Cheers

drako
02-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Thanks nickdigital and you probiner.
I have to say guys that the key to finish the production in time was Maestro.
Eric has made a great Rigging tool and i hope to see some new improvement in it
for more sophisticated rigs.
I can understand that you are not familiar with greek language.
Here the 14 february is also reserved to children with heart problems.
Thank you guys for your good words...

akademus
02-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Very nice, is that rig driven by a point (Null) in space?

drako
02-09-2011, 02:47 AM
academus thanks for your comments.
No the null is the point target of the head and of the eyes.
I hope one day to have a null to control a rig....
That will be great imagine the time we are gonna save....:D

cheers...

akademus
02-09-2011, 03:23 AM
Well, in the making of video it just seemed to me everytime you move the point up his hole body swings with...

I was so hoping you have a rig like that :)

drako
02-09-2011, 05:34 AM
Academus if i make a rig like that be sure that i m gonna give it to the lw community....
The credits of the rig belongs to eric smith....

hydroclops
02-09-2011, 07:03 AM
So Maestro works well in LW10?

Nice job.

drako
02-09-2011, 08:05 AM
for telling you the truth hydroclops i have problems in the setup so i have setup
the chracters in 9.6 and then i animate and render them in LW 10.Hoping for a new update
of Maestro and for more advanced rigs....

geo_n
02-09-2011, 01:10 PM
for telling you the truth hydroclops i have problems in the setup so i have setup
the chracters in 9.6 and then i animate and render them in LW 10.Hoping for a new update
of Maestro and for more advanced rigs....

I've been emailing Eric for some updates to maestro since there's something wrong with lightwave 10 with maestro. A bug like before lw 9.3.1. Not sure if it will be fixed in lw 10. Have you not experienced super slowdown in lw 10 with maestro? I set my display to vertex mode and it gets fixed. Too bad maestro with multiple characters is still very fast compared to other rigs I've tested for lw.
I think its also a very good autorigger with biped and quad rigs AND animation interface. The only thing that's missing for me is squash and stretchy rigs.

drako
02-09-2011, 02:16 PM
geo_n i have to say that i work the animation in a subd level of 0 or 1 for seeing
quite easily the results of animation in a real time as i scrub the timeline.As i work
i didnt noticed the slowdown because i don t like to use Maestro as a joystick.I like the traditional method show i used it as a selection interface and sometimes as a joystick even for my setup-rigs.So when you use it as a selection interface and you use the handles directly in Layout you see that is more faster.The Maestro interface is clear that is not very quick with LW 10.I use version 2.36 and i have also notice some bugs in the version 64 of Maestro with LW 9.6 and of course LW 10.I think that is true as you said that Maestro is much more fast for multiple characters.When i say that i wait update for the Maestro tool i mean of course squash and stretch rigs and why not rigs as human ik as Motionbuilders HumanIK or a retargeting rig for motioncapture from FBX files directly from Motionbuilder.Who knows?
I have make some thoughts......

geo_n
02-10-2011, 04:10 AM
I think asking for mb human ik is beyond what lscript can do.
There is a rig for mb in maestro have you tried it?
I don't have mb so I'm not sure how effective it is but I tried animeeple and couldn't even import the rig because of the naming convention with maestro rigs.
Nice render btw and looking forward for a simple tutorial on cell shading. :)

drako
02-10-2011, 04:36 AM
I dont believe that lscript cant do things just like mb human ik.Lscript is a more communicative little language between the user and the sdk of the software.
Both 2 softwares were written in C and now Core in C++ as i know.So nothing is impossible.We have to wait my friend....
geo n i have tried the mb rig with Motionbuilder but it was very tricky.I have to work it
better i think.With animeeple i have the same issues and renaming is very boring sometimes.Yes i have to make the tutorial but after i finish my short film.....
Thanks man