PDA

View Full Version : 3 Strikes and your out!

jjat1st
09-30-2003, 07:04 AM
Try Again!
1st try with LW 7.5
This is my first try at LW 7.5. I saw a similar work in the Feb/Mar, 1998 issue of NewTekniques by Dave Jerrard.

I call this "Foreplay" for obvious reasons.

Any critique is more than welcomed...along with kind words or naught.

Thank you - ja

The file has been attached as indicated below.

retinajoy
09-30-2003, 07:26 AM
You are out! :)

Only kidding. Next time, rather than starting a new thread just add a reply to the thread. Maybe 4th time lucky. Just click 'Choose' by the 'Attach file' heading and select your picture (Don't bother previewing). as shown by hrgiger in your prev thread.

You could give us a url link to your pic on some website, just in case. You can also edit your post by pressing the 'edit' button.

jjat1st
09-30-2003, 06:13 PM
RETINAJOY...

You wrote to select "Choose" next to the Attach File...no such animal exists, only "browse" which I have done three times with no luck. Here I go again....in the Browse block I have listed:

C:\Foreplay-2.bmp

Noclar7
09-30-2003, 06:56 PM
This is just a shot in the dark, but I think your .bmp file may be a bit screwy for the web. it may be 32bit, or for a different OS or something like that.. anyways, you shouldnt be posting .bmp files to web anyways as they are really large and uncompressed and not really neccesary 99% of the time.

You should save a .jpg version of your image and try and upload that instead.

Best of Luck,

jjat1st
09-30-2003, 10:02 PM
Final try...

This is a jpg file. ja

retinajoy
10-01-2003, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by jjat1st
RETINAJOY...

You wrote to select "Choose" next to the Attach File...no such animal exists, only "browse" which I have done three times with no luck. Here I go again....in the Browse block I have listed:

C:\Foreplay-2.bmp

Ah ha! A BMP file. As Noclar7 said, a .jpg is best. I think my button says 'choose' and not 'browse' like yours or hrgiger's, because I am using the Opera browser and not IE. Anyway...

You need to use anti-aliasing to get rid of the jaggy edges to make the image smoother. This setting is in the camera properties panel.

Your textures need a lot more work, especially on the candle holders. They look like plastic but not quite. Are they supposed to be metal? Newtek has a nice intro tuturial on surfacing here:
http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/surface/texturing_for_dummies-001/index.html

The table could be improved too. How about a red table cloth hanging over it, with a subtle pattern on it?

The wine glasses can be tweaked. Here is a good glass tutorial for you:

http://www.robinwood.com/Catalog/Technical/LightwaveTuts/LWTutSet.html

The Lighting looks too bright, especially on the back wall which needs a lower diffuse setting. How about decorating the back wall with wallpaper?

I hope my comments are of help.