PDA

View Full Version : Freelance work

Ivan_B
02-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Hi All :thumbsup:

Here's a freelance job I just completed, and every so often you get a job thats fun, this happens to be one.

Its a one minute corporate environmental video (they all are...no really, they are. I've made urine separating toilets). I added a few freeways over the top of time laps video and I really like the result.
I love comping 3D over live footage :thumbsup:
Apps: LW 10, LWCAD, HDInstance, Photoshop and After Effects.

SonicPerfect
02-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Very nice!!

Sekhar
02-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Cool! Why do you have motion blur on the heavy bumper-to-bumper traffic?

Tartiflette
02-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Very impressive... and frightening at the same time, so much pollution ! 8~
But, coming back to your work, it's really well done, very convincing. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Laurent aka Tartiflette :)

Ivan_B
02-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Thanks people!!

Sekhar, the cars are blurry cos the whole clip is timelaps, so the cars are whisking by at a fast pace, things are flickering all over the place.

I'll see if I can upload the clips to Youtube and post a link.

thanks again!

geo_n
02-07-2011, 01:54 AM
Very nice. Did you eyeball the bg plate in lightwave?

Ivan_B
02-07-2011, 04:16 AM
geo_n : Thanks that's right i did eyeball it so I wouldn't cover certain buildings, just tried to make it fit in the gaps "kinda" conforming to the underlying roads that do exist. The bottom freeway is actually tilted up slightly (Clockwise) so it merged better in the distance, otherwise it looked like the freeway was going into the ground.

Sekhar
02-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Sekhar, the cars are blurry cos the whole clip is timelaps, so the cars are whisking by at a fast pace, things are flickering all over the place.

Yes, I understand the blur on the snaps where the cars are whisking by; I was referring to the one with bumper-to-bumper traffic (row 2, column 2) that also has blur.

Ivan_B
02-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Hi Sekhar...damb blurry cars!...I know what your saying...it should be blurry whilst they move and sharp when the vehicles stop. These images were grabs from AE with all the effects and at NO time do the cars stop moving. There's a 4 second transition of the cars building up.

I would have loved to have had more time, this scene was made from scratch (apart from the cars) took 16 hrs. If there was more time I would have included a bunch of trucks motor bike etc, but its sooo fast you cant tell.

Here's an image and a video (select open with QT) of the cars moving without blur.

safetyman
02-08-2011, 05:27 AM
Looks good, man. Reminds me of my commute every day, except yours has less traffic.