PDA

View Full Version : hair on same layer

lreyes
02-05-2011, 10:54 PM
Can Hair be put on the model without having to bring it in as a seperate layer in layout without having to Ctrl F8 to render it? I want the hair to be saved with the model so that I do not have to render it over and over again.

ben martin
02-08-2011, 10:34 AM
If I get you correctly you are using FiberFX and want to render hair on your model... if so, in modeler define the model hair surface.
In Layout open the FiberFX plug-in
Pick check your object in the FFX objects list and activate it - "ON" options.
In the first tab "GEOMETRY" in the bottom you'll find a SURFACE picker. In that list choose your object HAIR surface.
Go back to the FFX object list and now check the DRAW option.

Mess with the hair options to get your hair (also EDIT the guides to sculpt it).
All that will be SAVED when you save your SCENE.

gerry_g
02-08-2011, 04:59 PM
if you mean can the fibre render be cached so as not have to render it more than once no, it will stay with the scene when you save the scene and reload but will only ever be visible as guides until you re render it again

lreyes
02-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Yes, that will help, but I think I asked the wrong question...Let me try again...For instance: Lets say that I bring in a model with eyes and eyelids, and lets say that I parent them all so that when I move the model, everything moves.. when I save the scene, It comes back so that I have to parent all those items over again, is there a way to save everything and not have to parent those items all over again?