PDA

View Full Version : Maxwell fire plugin for lightwave(interactive render)! check video

prometheus
02-04-2011, 01:42 PM
cool plugin for lightwave stuff.
and that now when we have vpr in lw 10 and fprime..ohh what nice mess:)
Itīs similar to fprime but working with all the maxwell materials and lighting etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPkuIuGCxBg

http://www.maxwellrender.com/fire/index.php

Michael

walfridson
02-04-2011, 02:21 PM
wow cool stuff!!

Svenart
02-04-2011, 03:26 PM
nice, that is making maxwell even more interesting for me.

JeffrySG
02-04-2011, 08:53 PM
ahh... very cool! funny how we get this just as we get vpr too!

did anyone else think this was some type of fire effect plugin at first?

geo_n
02-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Wow very cool! And its inside lightwave.

probiner
02-04-2011, 10:03 PM
Yea thread title is deceiving. First thought was "Turbulence Competition..."
Even more, being started by prometheus..

Anyway... Welcome to Interactive Render Era. Fprime was almost a lone winner, while VPR has many pairs inside and outside LW.

Cageman
02-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Cool stuff!

I wonder when they FryRender guys will do the same?

Picajol
02-05-2011, 12:53 AM
Yeah but the only problem is that they always use UberSimple scenes.
Why not use a real world project scene, like an exterior of a house or interior scene and the Fire up to see the "speed" progress.
But still, it looks cool.

Cageman
02-05-2011, 01:25 AM
Well.. my excitment about the renderengine itself is quite dull since it wouldn't be feasable for us to use it in the type of productions we do.

That said, my excitment relies more within the fact that Next Limit is supporting LW with this type of implementation. It also makes me quite happy because it does show that any renderengine could be implemented this way if there were enough demand.

VRay, Arnold... anyone?

:)

mav3rick
02-05-2011, 03:56 AM
oh yea vray :)

prometheus
02-05-2011, 04:20 AM
Maxwell fire, might be of use to us for our product renders, Ive been wrestling with issues dealing with imported solidworks objects and vertex normal smoothing, wich can only be rendered (almost correctly) with perspective cam, and that led me to investigate octane, wich would be awesome too, but thereīs issues with it,since octane crashes obj format with vertex normals from imported geometry in 3d generations.

yeah Solidworks 2011 has photoview 360, but we arenīt using that currently and we wonīt be updating anytime soon.

what I loved in octane is that the renders look more realistic and faster than what I can set up in lightwave today, thou sIBL and hdr renders are quite good in lightwave too.

So if Maxwell fire has no problem with vertex normal smoothing, and the price is decent, then Itīs probably a matter of speed vs octane,and lightwave 10 VPR.

Michael

Lewis
02-05-2011, 04:39 AM
looks very nice, anyone tested with hi-poly scenes ?

zarti
02-05-2011, 07:18 AM
q;
does anyone knows ... if that is also a network ipr ?

another q ;
how maxwell treats lw-s surfaces ( i mean ... nodes procedurals & co ) ?

bonus q;
... any maxwell user here ? =)

thanks!

Iain
02-05-2011, 07:35 AM
looks very nice, anyone tested with hi-poly scenes ?

Yes and its as bad as you'd expect :)

It is a bit like fprime in that you get great results very early on but that pesky residual noise just never seems to clear up.

I love Maxwell but it is still restrictively slow, even on modern systems and particularly on complex interiors.
For exterior shots and product renders, its pretty quick but LW is shedloads faster and can do well, anything.

Lewis
02-05-2011, 07:43 AM
Yes and its as bad as you'd expect :)

It is a bit like fprime in that you get great results very early on but that pesky residual noise just never seems to clear up.

I love Maxwell but it is still restrictively slow, even on modern systems and particularly on complex interiors.
For exterior shots and product renders, its pretty quick but LW is shedloads faster and can do well, anything.

So benefit of using it is "just" using Maxwell materials and no splotches in radiosity or it's not great there either?

Thx

Iain
02-05-2011, 08:16 AM
So benefit of using it is "just" using Maxwell materials and no splotches in radiosity or it's not great there either?

Thx

The qualiy is second to none. No splotches or artifacts, (ever!) no messing about with lights or AA. The other thing is that even an unfinished render can look great as the only difference is grain. Sometimes a run through Neat Image can fix it.

The only downside with it is the lengthy renders but then everyone knows about that.

Lewis
02-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Thanks Iain that clears up some misty info :).

ingo
02-05-2011, 08:55 AM
another good thing is that you can stop renderings and continue them later, like FPrime.