PDA

View Full Version : Move values from one texture channel to another?

Dreamcube017
02-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Hi guys.

I've imported an object that has a LOT of different textures in it.

The textures were all gathered from a .mtl file. The problem is that all the textures popped up in the color channel and not the deffuse channel so they don't show up. (The textures are images)

I would just reassign the images to the deffuse channel manually, but the problem is that there wer a LOT of images, and when I go to select one, they are all out of order. Lightwave doesn't seem to list the images in any kind of order, so it makes it really hard to go through the list in the dropdown menu and find them.

I know this sounds kinda confusing, but can anyone help?

Thansk.

GraphXs
02-03-2011, 09:31 PM
If its in the color channel you should see them fine. They should just load and you should see them.

nickdigital
02-03-2011, 10:50 PM
You can multi-select layers and do a copy/paste all layers in the Surface Editor.

Dreamcube017
02-04-2011, 05:52 AM
Ah ok thanks. They do show up now I see them. They don't show up on the shader ball though.

Is there some kind of eye dropper tool that I can select the specific material off of the object, because sometimes the shaders are named oddly and it'd be much easier to pick them if I could just select one of the materials with some sort of eye dropper tool.
Thanks for replying.

speismonqui
02-04-2011, 08:12 AM
you could use VIPER (F7). Select the object and it jumps to its material.

Dreamcube017
02-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Thanks, but the object has MANY materials.

It's basically a structure that has over 20 matials on it.