PDA

View Full Version : Images showing up smaller in Livetext

pcre
02-01-2011, 11:50 PM
For some reason, when I import PNG files into livetext, they are showing up smaller (perhaps 50%) than their native size. If I import the same PNG files using the Text tab on the Tricaster itself, they show up at the correct size.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

brians0105
02-02-2011, 09:14 AM
I have had this problem too since upgrading to LiveText2. Are you using LT2 as well?

If I make a full screen graphic in Photoshop in a SD resolution 720x486 and bring that into a Standard Definition project in LiveText2, the graphic shows up at about 50% of the correct size. I have to then drag and re-size the image in LT2.

If I have to do this on multiple pages, the sizes can be slightly off since I have no way of making them all the same.

So, yes, I am having this problem too. Is this a bug, are we doing something wrong, or is there a workaround?

Brian

SBowie
02-02-2011, 09:44 AM
IIf I make a full screen graphic in Photoshop in a SD resolution 720x486 and bring that into a Standard Definition project in LiveText2, the graphic shows up at about 50% of the correct size. I have to then drag and re-size the image in LT2.This raises an interesting point. There's actually no such thing as "a Standard Definition project in LiveText2". All projects are stored as HD, with conversion to SD happening on export, if necessary. That's why the image appears smaller on import - it's showing up on the canvas in its actual size.

brians0105
02-02-2011, 11:26 AM
True. I guess I meant it shows as "connected" to a Standard Definition switcher.

So if all projects are created/stored as HD projects, it makes sense why images are imported really small.

But is there a way correctly resize and reposition SD graphics that are brought in so that all pages are consistent?

SBowie
02-02-2011, 11:55 AM
The only suggestion I have is to use the Safe Area guides (and maybe the grid, if pixel perfection is critical).

pcre
02-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Strange... I could have sworn when I was first experimenting with LiveText 2, the images were showing up the correct size. My memory of that may be hazy, since that was just experimentation.

So, assuming I am creating graphics for an SD broadcast (generally, my images have been 720x480), what size should the images be, accounting for the fact that LiveText is treating it as an HD project?

Forgive me... still learning my way around LiveTest and the Tricaster!

brians0105
02-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Pcre,

Sounds like our options are to continue making them 720x480 and then resize them in LT2...

Or create and export the graphics as a 16x9 HD image and then import into LT2. But then the question is -- should we create the graphics as 1280x720 or 1920x1080 for proper import into LT2? I don't have the PC in front of me, so I can't test this.

Brian

SBowie
02-02-2011, 05:58 PM
I think 1920x1080 would be correct, although if you want to cheat for 4:3 projects you could knock off the 'sides'. One way to look at this (if you're the 'cup half full' type) is that your title pages will still be useful if/when you switch to HD.