PDA

View Full Version : Fiber FX - SAVE (LAYOUT) - HELP!!!

ben martin
02-01-2011, 06:59 AM
Ok… I need some directions here.
I just used FiberFX (LAYOUT) to sculpt a hair stile to my character.
I saved the FFX settings but the EDITED guides were not saved?
I know that saving the scene, it preserves the edited hair guides style, but I was expecting that using the FFX save settings (LAYOUT) it also preserves the edited guides.

My problem is that I had to make some rig and character changes and due to such I had to setup a new scene but now I cannot apply to this new (same character) version, the previous and very tedious FiberFX guides Editing / hair stylizing. :bangwall:

Please, anyone knows if I can reuse / reload a previouse edited guide / styled hair on a different scene using the same base character?

3DGFXStudios
02-01-2011, 07:06 AM
Can you use Load item from scene? You also can load the plugins from an other scene so maybe this works?

ben martin
02-01-2011, 07:25 AM
Apparently I can load the plug-in FFX from the previous scene but it generates an error on load!
Maybe something I changed in the character… must investigate this further.
Anyway… it was a very cool tip.
I would never remember to investigate it.
It did not solved the problem right away but it gives me some hopes and a door into the solution.
Many Thanks! :thumbsup:

ben martin
02-01-2011, 10:56 AM
No luck at all. :cursin:

I even tested the "load from scene" process with a single ball with FFX - hair applied and all the time the load item from scene (try to load only the FFX plugins "Master plug-in - .FFMaster" + "Volumetric plug-in - .FiberVolume" + "Pixel Filter - .FiberFilter plug-in"; crashed!

Yah, this must be a way of life! It's the only explanation, am sure of it!
Why should something coming from Newtek work just fine?
No fight?
No sweat?
No Pain…haaa.. No gain! :devil:

In fact Lightwave advertising should include:
:newtek: NEWTEK - LIGHTWAVE 3D
Lightwave is innovative, interactive and immersive.
It'll immerse you deep down and consumes all of your time in a never ending entertainment for hours when you try to do something that is supposedly simple.
If you feel lost or your live has no point, just buy Lightwave and spend your life searching for the white rabbit, we promise you adventure, feelings you didn't know you could have, an inner deep introspection to your dark-side and fighting resistance capacity… well, we promise you won't feel bored ever again because you won't have time to think about that anymore!!

Welcome to the bright world of Newtek - Lightwave

(Just let me scream… ok?) :cursin:

jrandom
02-01-2011, 02:17 PM
It'll immerse you deep down and consumes all of your time in a never ending entertainment for hours when you try to do something that is supposedly simple.

This also happens to be an excellent description of Vue!