PDA

View Full Version : texture help

Otterman
02-01-2011, 06:44 AM
Hiya, need a little help here.

I have several hoses that in real life are ribbed. The model data I have is smooth. Now I cant re-model them so Im going for a stylistic approach using bump maps. Problem is, the hoses are not all straight and some bend somewhat and the texture needs to follow the contours.

So what are my options? Attached is a pic of the real thing....the other is some screen grab of a cgi render....if I can get that kinds look Il be happy. Any pointers?

Kuzey
02-01-2011, 07:51 AM
I'm not sure about the texture part...or the rebuilding part.

How about just editing it?

Can't you just bandsaw enough segments around the hose and the select every other loop. Use extender plus and then move plus tool(right click and drag) and repeat again for good measure....should get you close :goodluck:

Kuzey

Otterman
02-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Yeah thats a good suggestion Kuzey if I had time however its a whole heap of pipe and the geometry is very messy to say the least. Eeik. I've just found a few threads...is UV spider the way to go? If so, where the F is it? Is it a plug-in or is it built in?

rezman
02-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Yeah thats a good suggestion Kuzey if I had time however its a whole heap of pipe and the geometry is very messy to say the least. Eeik. I've just found a few threads...is UV spider the way to go? If so, where the F is it? Is it a plug-in or is it built in?

Map, UV/Texture, More, UV Spider

Look in the help for a quick tutorial.

Otterman
02-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Arh bingo...thanks rezman

Kuzey
02-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Cool.....don't forget to posts pics of the results.

Kuzey