PDA

View Full Version : old bedroom

Svenart
02-01-2011, 12:16 AM
http://svenart.de/gallery/bedroom2010_gammacorrected_055t.jpg

this is a rework of an older scene from my 17th century bedroom.

My goal also was to test the Linear Workflow/Gamma Correction stuff in Lightwave10. As far as I can say I like it very much.

thanks for viewing, hope you like it.

50one
02-01-2011, 01:55 AM
Wow! 9/10, only 9 cause there's something not right with the bottom part of the image(bed frame and vase- or whatever that is), the problem is not sure what, maybe the frame should be more reflective?Dunno, been to quite a few renovated houses with rooms looking like this one and all the wood parts we're bit reflective, but that's due to paint/renovation.

I love it!!

probiner
02-01-2011, 02:39 AM
Oh Man... that looks like it was taken from my grandparents house... Great Light effect
Like always Sven, you're under control of details =)

ingo
02-01-2011, 02:48 AM
Nice picture, love the mood. As pointed out before the wood can have a bit of reflection, especially the furniture.

Exception
02-01-2011, 02:52 AM
That's excellent! Very subtle, very nice.

I think there's some aliasing going on in the bright regions due to HDR clipping. A bit of Corona might help there, or rendering to LDR.

Svenart
02-01-2011, 04:03 AM
thank you for the feedback. I was really not sure about this one. There are a few regions in the image I also dislike. I tried some ambient occlusion and grit node on the bed but It dont worked like I wished. Also I had to use very much radiosity rays to get a smooth look (interpolated montecarlo, 3 bounces,1250 rays,180 secondrays).

@ 50one & ingo: thank you both. While working on the image I constantly lowered the reflections because of I dont wanted that anyone says It would be too much :)

@ Exception: thank you. I used Bloom in this image, do you think Corona is better? I used very high AA (16pass classic ,038 adaptive). But I turned off Noise reduction because of it made parts of the image look too blurry and produced strange effects on some geometrie corners.

brunopeixoto
02-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Amazing! Models, ligtining, textures, comp, all top!

Exception
02-01-2011, 02:29 PM
@ Exception: thank you. I used Bloom in this image, do you think Corona is better? I used very high AA (16pass classic ,038 adaptive). But I turned off Noise reduction because of it made parts of the image look too blurry and produced strange effects on some geometrie corners.

Corona can be a bit better since it has a nice falloff, and has more control. But it's slow.

Noise reduction is useless for pretty much everything, I find :) good to have it off.

I don't think it's the level of AA that's the problem. I think there's AA clipping occuring because of the high contrast. No level of AA will get rid of that. If your image renders like this (and not to a HDR that is then re-exposed) you would do best by setting 'Limit HDR' in the render options. That way all pixels are brought in the 0.0 - 1.0 range and AA can deal with the contrast. If the contrast extends beyond 1.0 (bright HDR areas), AA still works well but due to the contrast you'll keep sharp edges.

The pot on the floor also has a few of these areas.

PeteS
02-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Svenart: Wow..it's been a while since I've seen some of your work. This is looking amazing. I have 10 but due to being in the middle of jobs, I haven't switched over yet.

As far as bloom or Corona though goes, I never use it in LW. I always do it in post with PS. Since it is a post effect in LW there is no real benefit to doing it in there. Besides, you waste your time rendering to make a non-editable bloom. Or am I missing something on this topic?
Anyhow..fantastic work as usual!

Pete

Svenart
02-02-2011, 06:36 AM
thanks exception for the hints. I had no idea what this "Limit HDR" button was good for :) Will try corona next time, too.

Svenart
02-02-2011, 06:45 AM
Svenart: Wow..it's been a while since I've seen some of your work. This is looking amazing. I have 10 but due to being in the middle of jobs, I haven't switched over yet.

As far as bloom or Corona though goes, I never use it in LW. I always do it in post with PS. Since it is a post effect in LW there is no real benefit to doing it in there. Besides, you waste your time rendering to make a non-editable bloom. Or am I missing something on this topic?
Anyhow..fantastic work as usual!

Pete

thank you pete :)

I guess you are right with the bloom. Im still a bloody amateur in postwork. All the years I tried to create all my images 100% in Lightwave (if possible), and this "dogma" is still inside me. I should learn more about this postwork thing soon.

vector
02-02-2011, 06:59 AM
WOW! Nice! May be a bit of volumetric light to see dust floating... to remember old bed rooms I saw ... old bedrooms are so similar everywhere :) :)

Vector

probiner
02-02-2011, 07:08 AM
WOW! Nice! May be a bit of volumetric light to see dust floating... to remember old bed rooms I saw ... old bedrooms are so similar everywhere :) :)

Vector

this
maybe in post no?

MDSPECIFIC
02-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Good job. :thumbsup:

Svenart
02-04-2011, 10:36 AM
http://svenart.de/gallery/bedroom2010_gammacorrected_060_mix.jpg

thank you guys, good tip with the volumetric light :thumbsup: I rendered the image a few more times now with volumetric lights. Hope you like it :hat:

otacon
02-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Nice. I like the natural feel of everything.

bazsa73
02-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Nice mood Sven. Great images. A bit too sharp for me though, but it's like the steak, some like it rare, others prefer medium.

SonicPerfect
02-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Looks like a real photo!!
Great render!!