PDA

View Full Version : Some of our gym machines,Lightwave renders!

prometheus
01-31-2011, 03:38 AM
Just a few samples of our gym machines, Ivīe got plenty more that has been done.

Some are pure lightwave renders and some are fprime renders.
I mainly just reduce and rematerial the machines in solidworks wich I do in
deep exploration, then export to obj and then import to lightwave for correct surfacing, lighting and rendering.

I also have to remodel the cushions on the machine since the solidworks files are mainly the plywood base without the foam and leather, sometimes I do some welding seams too, with px_bezier curve.

The biggest issue has been to get the vertex normal render properly, since fpime canīt handle that, and classic cam doesnīt either, perspective cam works but sometimes I do get weird results, Im seriously thinking of switching to octane render thou, if some issues can be solved with octane crashing when importing obj from lightwave with vertex smoothing.

for lighting I use mostly one or even two domelights, combined with
two area lights, a gradient on textured environment, reflections on metal
are just hdr images directly on surfacing, Ive tried HDR lighting overall
but that takes to long time, I should go throu the sIBL plugin thou and try
that out.

Im not fully satisfied with all of the renders thou, could spend more time tweaking it right etc, but they need to show up on our gym site someday:)

Michael

borkus
01-31-2011, 04:18 AM
Are any of us ever really happen with our renders?...

prometheus
01-31-2011, 05:10 AM
Are any of us ever really happen with our renders?...

I might be if I could use octane perhaps, My initial impression Is that it gives
more realistic renders by default.

Michael

ingo
01-31-2011, 06:35 AM
Doesn't Solidworks come with the Modo renderer ?

prometheus
01-31-2011, 06:43 AM
Doesn't Solidworks come with the Modo renderer ?

well yepp, but we donīt have the latest version, and we are not upgrading anytime soon since we need to ensure compability with older constructions.

And even if so, the modo render might be fast, but not sure it is as fast as octane, and octane letīs you tweak the materials faster I believe than modo could, Also octane has more physicly correct materials than modo render.

Then we also need to remodel the cushions, and our construction designer doesnīt know how to model that to keep the organic smoothness, perhaps if we took some time to work with surfaces and curves in solidworks.

Michael