PDA

View Full Version : Tricaster studio via satellite

nuvision
01-30-2011, 03:53 PM
Need to know if tricaster studio able to go satellite? If yes then what other equipment do I need to go live via satellite, and what connection and cable I need to buy...

brians0105
01-30-2011, 04:55 PM
What type of satellite connection are you talking about? Traditional broadcast satellite, IP satellite???

Or in other words, are you wanting to push a live stream to the Internet via a satellite or are you wanting to take the video output of your TriCaster Studio and uplink it via satellite?

And do you already have all of the satellite equipment? (Antenna, amplifier, upconverter, etc.)

Brian

bbeanan
01-30-2011, 05:57 PM
I have done many events that went via satellite, with every version of the TriCaster VT1-5 and even a very long time ago an Amiga Video Toaster. Every satellite system just needs a video input of some sort.

brians0105
01-30-2011, 06:26 PM
Yep, I guess that is what I was getting at. It's definitely possible -- but there are a lot of factors involved with satellite systems.

Brian

bbeanan
01-30-2011, 09:10 PM
if you are trying to do it on your own the bare min. cost will be around $30,000 plus $800 per day... and that wouls be for a TODO Cast system that will allow you to do a data sat. connection to stream your events anywhere...

If you are wanting true TV sat... than be ready to pony up around $100,000 just to get started.

But with my VT3 system I have provided feeds to CNN, Fox, ABC, NBC, & CBS for an event I did with then President Bush and their main tech came over and said "that is one of the cleanest signals I have ever gotten from one of these events where we did not have our own cameras and trucks... then he said what are you using?" When I said a NewTek Video Toaster 3 he almost fell off his chair

gameguyag
02-03-2011, 03:47 PM
You can rent a satellite for IP transmission. We do this quite often for live webcasts in locations that have no internet or not enough upspeed bandwidth for a live event. The rental cost is a lot more reasonable than $30,000 plus $800 a day