PDA

View Full Version : How to render fur and hair's normal pass in sasquatch?

gntnyng
01-28-2011, 08:37 AM
hi, guys , Who know how to render fur and hair's normal pass in sasquatch?
i want use normal pass to adjust objects' lighting properties, but can't get fur's normal pass . who can help me out..

i render objects normal with db&w shaderMeister plugin , but it cant work with sasquatch. how can i do..?

GraphXs
01-28-2011, 09:14 AM
Is that even possible? It rendered the hair last as a post process, do I'm not sure it could do what you are asking? Maybe some node does that. Does the hair even actually have a normal? Or is it only the guides that have it?

stiff paper
01-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Hmm. Sas isn't geometry and doesn't exist in the scene, so none of the usual ways of generating a normal map will work.

However, you *might* be able to generate something useful by going back to first principles with normal maps, and setting up a copy of your scene lit with red, green and blue lights along the axes.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116000

That thread explains it partly, but there are probably plenty of other places with more detailed explanations of normal maps, just waiting for you at the other end of a Google search. RGB lights along the axes is how normal maps used to be made back when some clever dick very first thought of them...

gntnyng
01-29-2011, 06:01 AM
Cardboard and GraphXs , thanks for your reply. I don't know how to get correct render pass or how to fake that.

anybody have any advices?

Sensei
01-29-2011, 06:33 AM
However, you *might* be able to generate something useful by going back to first principles with normal maps, and setting up a copy of your scene lit with red, green and blue lights along the axes.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116000

That thread explains it partly, but there are probably plenty of other places with more detailed explanations of normal maps, just waiting for you at the other end of a Google search. RGB lights along the axes is how normal maps used to be made back when some clever dick very first thought of them...

It won't work - SasQuatch doesn't have Node Editor..

Incidence node in that thread is using Spot Info > Normal.