PDA

View Full Version : Presets and Config Files - LW10

rkpdesign
01-25-2011, 08:19 PM
Help and/or Ideas Appreciated:

I have installed LW10 (into the default C:Program Files location).
Created a folder on the D: drive called Presets.
Set Paths to the D:Presets location.

None of the presets (that aren't included with LW) are appearing in Layout or Modeler.
And some have no names (show up in LW and Modeler) as unnamed.

I have searched the forums for a few days trying to find an answer and no luck.
Though, I have lost some sleep and some hair!

RudySchneider
01-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Well, if you're talking surface presets, they're supposed to be in

C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave10.0\support\presets\Surface Editor\Surface Preset.

I actually have several subfolders (for instance, \Cel, \Preset_Central, etcetera).

rkpdesign
01-25-2011, 11:00 PM
Thanks Rudy, I have set up folders on the C drive and D drive. Neither works for me. Folders aren't being recognized by LW. Only presets saved in the top-level folder are recognized.
For example, the Workspace folder can store presets but any folders inside the Workspace folder aren't read!?
Any other suggestions?

Well, if you're talking surface presets, they're supposed to be in

C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave10.0\support\presets\Surface Editor\Surface Preset.

I actually have several subfolders (for instance, \Cel, \Preset_Central, etcetera).

funk
01-25-2011, 11:38 PM
Looks like you are doing everything correct. The top level folder (your presets dir) can contain libraries (folders), but libraries cant contain further sub-folders.

It sounds to me like you have a bunch of .srf files (since you see them as unnamed). Preset files have a .PST extension. SRF files arent preset files (I know its confusing). They are loaded by clicking LOAD on the surface editor then browsing for the file.