PDA

View Full Version : Need Green Screen Party Stock Footage

nipper2u
01-25-2011, 12:40 AM
Hello, I am very new to this and hope you can help me. I would like to throw a "Green Screen Birthday Party" with my family this weekend (it's my birthday) - meaning I put them in front of a green screen and have them act out various scenarios (in hopes that hilarity and wonderful memories will result). I have recently acquired a VT[5] rig and green screen setup for the green screening, so I hope it will be pretty straight forward. However, I do not know where to get good videos to play in the background. Correction - I don't know where to get stock video that I can afford (this is only for personal\non-distribution use and I only need medium quality video). Can anyone recommend where I can search for and obtain affordable stock footage for private use that caters to green screening (meaning it is from the correct perspective)?

Here are a few of the ideas I have (please feel free to suggest others):
1) POV of being chased by a bear\dog\bull\gorilla\shark\kids\etc
2) POV of looking out the back window of a car (as if person was driving)
3) POV of being chased by the police - as if looking out the back window of a car (as if person was driving)
4) POV of flying through\by\around things like clouds or city (i.e. I don't want just a shot of flying straight because then all you see is the bottom of the subject's feet)
5) POV of audience as if playing to a crowd or auditorium
6) POV of athletes like a runner in a race\marathon, etc
7) POV of race care or motorcycle driver
8) Shots of being in weather like sunny skies, rain, snow, tornado, etc.
9) Any other green screen ideas you may have....?

I appreciate any help or assistance you can offer (and I appreciate your patience). Thank you!!

nickdigital
01-25-2011, 11:15 AM
If you have a video camera you could go shoot some of these on your own.

OnlineRender
01-25-2011, 11:29 AM
If you have a video camera you could go shoot some of these on your own.

our just buy a kinect :rock:

nipper2u
01-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the input. You must lead more exciting lives than me because I can't remember the last time I was chased by a wild animal, ran a marathon, played to a live audience, or went flying around the city (being chased by the police is another matter and I don't want to repeat that). Ha!

There are many good stock video companies that can provide what I want, but at a cost of $100 and up per clip it is not feasible for something that is just for fun.

If anyone has other suggestions on how to easily entertain family and friends with a green screen I would appreciate it! Thanks again!

PS - I am familiar with the Yoostar but due to the restrictive parameters of green screen blocking it wasn't as exciting as I was hoping...

wibly wobly
01-26-2011, 10:40 AM
have you tried istock? been a while since I looked for green screened footage there but, they might have something that'll work. if you're looking for SD footage, it might not cost that much.

OnlineRender
01-26-2011, 11:50 AM
dude honestly best grabbin a camera and going out for the day and shooting random footage , motorway , blah blah blah .

our cheat :) rip stuff of youtube, "that's what its there for "

OnlineRender
01-26-2011, 05:56 PM
don't say I am not nice http://catcomeback.net/category/free-footage.html ,never used it so don't know how good it is .

dwburman
01-26-2011, 10:42 PM
Check out pond5.com (http://www.pond5.com/?ref=dwburman). Not sure about the specific shots you're looking for, but the artists set the prices themselves so there is a broad range.

I sell some stuff there.

nipper2u
01-29-2011, 09:37 AM
Thanks for your ideas and input - they have been helpful. Is there a source for video montages like those seen on the green screen skits for "Whose line is it anyway"?

Thanks again and have a good one

Jim_C
01-29-2011, 10:03 AM
I have bought many of the SD and HD 'free' collections from here. You pay like $8.50 per DVD for shipping.

http://www.footagefirm.com/
the 'free' stuff
http://www.footagefirm.com/free-footage

nice quality