PDA

View Full Version : Cloth FX calculation not saving?

objuan
01-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Do I have to do something special to save the "calculate"d dynamics in my scene?

I have a cloth piece and several collisions and winds, and it works fine, but when I save the scene and reopen it I have to "calculate" the cloth again.

It seems to be matching up. I know though that in some previous works I had particle simulations, and my render failed halfway through, and then I reopend the scene, and rendered the second half and the particles didn't quite line up.

arg.

Dodgy
01-24-2011, 12:10 AM
Yeah, if you're finished finalizing your dynamics, save them otherwise a render farm or even just rendering them after loading the scene again won't work.

objuan
01-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Thanks.

So, save them under the File tab in the dynamic menu?

Do I have to do this for every dynamic element in my scene?

On a cloth dynamic, what is the difference between "Save Motion" and the "Save" at the bottom of the tab?

also, is there a way after having done a variety of deformations to my cloth object, to then tell it to return to it's original shape over a specified number of frames? - I guess ideally I would like it to return to its base shape, but continue being affected by gravity. I'll take whatever I can get though.

Thanks.

Dodgy
01-24-2011, 09:44 PM
Save = Save the ClothFX Settings.
Save Motion = Save the clothfx motion.

If you use the FX Browser, it has a Start button, and a Save button. Pressing the Save button will bring up save dialogues for each dynamic object, so that saves quite a bit of time and faffing.

To fade a dynamic in and out, you can use Dpont's Mdd pointer node, which has a strength envelope.