PDA

View Full Version : Stereoscopic in 9.6

Wrap
01-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Hi All,

I have recently been playing wiht the stereo rendering in 9.6 (pc version)
I have been able to do stills, rendering out 2 images and compositing in Photoshop, howevrer, I want to experiment with a short animation that I have been working on. I have been rendering in screamernet to speed up the process.

The problem is, even when I set the scene with a stereoscopic camera, screamernt only renders the one image per frame.
I dont seem to be able to get it to render left and right eyes, am I being really silly here or is there a good reason for this?

Any ideas/pointers would be appreciated.

Eroneouse
01-22-2011, 12:32 PM
I got a semi result with animating a stereoscopic render of a rotateing apple but the finished result was very jittery IE it seemed to jump slightly left n right from the center point of the image, sorry its hard to explain and I cant post a link to the animation as it went west with a hard drive crash last year :/

But I would love someone with more stereoscopic knoledge to post more info on getting your result as its a result I would love to get right too :)

Wrap
01-22-2011, 12:43 PM
That sounds like you may have put all of the rendered images in sequence with the left and right eye renders, this would explaine why it was jittery left to right.

If this is the case then you would need to load each pair into an editing program such as photoshop and composit them in there, one over the other with red/blue/green depending on what glasses you are using to view the final image, then take the composited images back in and render the sequence as a backdrop.

will find a tutorial and post it later.

Eroneouse
01-22-2011, 12:51 PM
As far as I can recall I just rendered the sequence directly from LW9.6 to an avi anim file. It was my first and pretty much last try at stereoscopic rendering. Not really had time to do much more as I started a job last year that was pretty much a 15 hour day. started a new job this year for more pay and far less hours so I have some lightwave time again :D

A tut would be great thanks for the thought.