PDA

View Full Version : LW10 Graph Editor Bug or just me being stupid ?

OnlineRender
01-21-2011, 12:14 PM
never asked this before , but why is there not a bug forum section ? anyways not to matter , what's the deal with graph editor in LW10 discovery mode "couldn't be bother to register to try the FULL 30days I see no point atm " in case your asking .

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/7441/grapheditor.jpg

after a restart

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/1267/graph2w.jpg

Kat reckons its something to do with ATI card , I must admit it's running of the family laptop "which is a banger "

thoughts ?

OnlineRender
01-21-2011, 12:16 PM
never mind worked it out for myself , firewall blocked Hook ig4icd32.dll , if you let this pass characters are ok .

BUG squashed .

so it was just me being stupid .

Matt
01-21-2011, 02:30 PM
I've been working on the graph editor funnily enough, I think you'll like the changes. Hope so anyway!

OnlineRender
01-22-2011, 05:56 AM
Matt since I have your attention for a few secs , I know it might not be your place to say but some insight would be nice if possible .

BUG : why can't I pull/expand certain windows in LW10 GI , for example fibre fx , the layer field is cut off , fair enough I can see the full layer name in the text field , but still annoying .

VPR : why does VPR automatically refresh every-time you make a key action , for example you hit surface editor , is there a need for vpr to refresh ? can this be resolved or is just hard coded this way and there is no work around ?

MASK VPR "have images will upload when I get home " , it would be nice if you had a mask tool in vpr , for example you are working on a human head and you want vpr to render and focus in only on the eyes , the ability to mask vpr off would be beneficial to most ?

have more suggestion post later

Kuzey
01-22-2011, 06:01 AM
VPR : why does VPR automatically refresh every-time you make a key action , for example you hit surface editor , is there a need for vpr to refresh ? can this be resolved or is just hard coded this way and there is no work around ?

It's designed that way, it's always on...I argued for a delay feature, but Lux sole the idea :D

Edit: Now that we have seen what a delay feature could mean via Modo, I hope Newtek implements something similar in the next version :)

Kuzey

Matt
01-22-2011, 06:47 AM
BUG : why can't I pull/expand certain windows in LW10 GI , for example fibre fx , the layer field is cut off , fair enough I can see the full layer name in the text field , but still annoying

Because when they were implemented they were not set to do so! Making relevant ones resizable is something I want to do. But it's more involved than just setting a resize flag on the window.

VPR : why does VPR automatically refresh every-time you make a key action , for example you hit surface editor , is there a need for vpr to refresh ? can this be resolved or is just hard coded this way and there is no work around?

This is an area that will hopefully be worked on. VPR refreshes when it gets an event to do so, some events need to be more fully defined so VPR can choose to ignore them.

MASK VPR "have images will upload when I get home " , it would be nice if you had a mask tool in vpr , for example you are working on a human head and you want vpr to render and focus in only on the eyes , the ability to mask vpr off would be beneficial to most?

You can already, use the camera limited region to do this. Unless you mean something else?

OnlineRender
01-22-2011, 07:17 AM
You can already, use the camera limited region to do this. Unless you mean something else?

Cheers for the information , on the grand scale of things my Lightwave concern are insignificant so I appreciate you answering :rock:

On the VPR matter , I know you can camera limit the region but not exactly what I mean ,

for example you are in perspective mode flying around in VPR , I have a model of a head for example , I want to focus only in on the one area ,rather than zooming in on the model , it would nice if there was a lasso / mask tool to mask the surrounding areas off . Think ZB mask for models , except this makes the background not render .

probably irrelevant and pointless but its a nice touch ,understand what I am saying , sorry I don't explain this very well :)

OnlineRender
01-22-2011, 08:52 AM
http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/787/maskae.jpg

like so.

Also since I am in the zone , is there any point in splattering that DISCOVERY MODE all over the UI , it's difficult enough for LW veterans to know where the commands are let alone a newbie/potential clients , it's rather off putting , a suggestion would be just to water mark the viewport "SMALL" also you restrict renders , whats the point when VPR is there :)

lardbros
01-22-2011, 09:58 AM
I never understood this either... Jawset has managed to get a watermark on VPR, so how come Newtek haven't? :D

Was trying the demo version out at work, and noticed there are no restrictions from VPR... ah well, doesn't bother me. Got myself a copy of Lightwave bought for me at work now... BRILLIANT!! Showed a colleague the VPR and he couldn't believe it... as we were all told that iRAY was meant to be like VPR back at Siggraph last year! Bitter disappointment... but he was impressed that almost everything works in VPR, whereas iRay has huuuuge limitations on shaders used etc

GO MATT!!! Can't wait to see all the new stuff! Roll on the next build!

phillydee
01-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Hi, Matt... did you by chance see that thread I posted on some features that would be nice to add on the graph ed UI?
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114872&highlight=Graph+editor

Sorry if this is a thread hijack... I think I can speak for a lot of folks though that this would be a welcomed addition to the UI.

Thanks MATT!!

OnlineRender
01-24-2011, 11:49 AM
its cool my thread , I hijack other peoples frequently :)

I have question maybe some of you peps will be able to answer .

why is LAYOUT and MODELLER icon the same or similar colour "BLUE" its major pain esp when your in and out of apps

Matt
01-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Hi, Matt... did you by chance see that thread I posted on some features that would be nice to add on the graph ed UI?
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114872&highlight=Graph+editor

Sorry if this is a thread hijack... I think I can speak for a lot of folks though that this would be a welcomed addition to the UI.

Thanks MATT!!

Got it, thanks, If it's a simple change I can do, I give it a go, failing that I will need to go a knocking on a dev door!

phillydee
01-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Matt, knowing that I'm several levels down the "pecking order" in terms of forum seniority (I'm a troll, at best) you looking at this speaks volumes--thank you!

Matt
01-24-2011, 08:03 PM
Matt, knowing that I'm several levels down the "pecking order" in terms of forum seniority (I'm a troll, at best) you looking at this speaks volumes--thank you!

There is no pecking order in my eyes! :)

BCazzell
01-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Good. It needs work and is long overdue. :)

I've been working on the graph editor funnily enough, I think you'll like the changes. Hope so anyway!

dwburman
01-27-2011, 07:49 AM
LW didn't used to have DISCOVERY MODE splattered all over the background. It was probably changed because if, for some reason the dongle was unplugged, you could start working on something and not know you were in discovery mode until you tried to save.

Also since I am in the zone , is there any point in splattering that DISCOVERY MODE all over the UI , it's difficult enough for LW veterans to know where the commands are let alone a newbie/potential clients , it's rather off putting , a suggestion would be just to water mark the viewport "SMALL" also you restrict renders , whats the point when VPR is there :)

Matt
01-28-2011, 08:49 PM
LW didn't used to have DISCOVERY MODE splattered all over the background. It was probably changed because if, for some reason the dongle was unplugged, you could start working on something and not know you were in discovery mode until you tried to save.

And boy, have I done that sooooooo many times!

OnlineRender
02-04-2011, 12:58 PM
another bug which is driving me nuts , Auto Key keeps switching its self randomly off .

doing my head in .

lardbros
02-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Whoah, not had that happen to me yet! Not looking forward to it either