PDA

View Full Version : RHiggit pro... testing anyone??

RebelHill
01-20-2011, 04:10 PM
Hey.

So Ive finally cleaned off my plate, and Im back on the RHiggit pro, and Im looking for folks to help out with the testing.

Don't need that many folks, just a few, but some variety of users would be most welcome, so it can checked as best as across different LW platforms, as well as different levels of user.

Also anyone who's got a foot in the practice of CA/mocap so as they can offer feedback on the actual rig use would be nice.

For those who test it out for me, free copy of the final, ofc... and um... tahts about it.

Ok, thanks.

nickdigital
01-20-2011, 04:17 PM
We'd love to play with it.

TeZzy
01-20-2011, 04:20 PM
We are doing a CA tvc using your lite version at the moment. Would love to put the pro version to the test, no doubt it will be better.

daforum
01-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Would love to try it out.

Have been following the various threads about RHiggit lite and want to improve and learn about character rigging so can help the LightWave community.

UnCommonGrafx
01-20-2011, 04:28 PM
I would pay to be in your beta.
Ha, I've been known to do that...

Actually, I'd like some of my students to try it out, as well.

GraphXs
01-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Would love to be apart of testing! Wonder how well I get get to work with a LW>Max Pipeline?

GraphXs
01-20-2011, 05:36 PM
I could try it with mocap bvh files. I don't use a lot of mo-cap but I can see how that works.

funk
01-20-2011, 05:42 PM
I'd love to try it too. Just one problem. Ive never done any character animation.... ever :)

WCameron
01-20-2011, 07:58 PM
I'd love to give it a whirl, I was actually on the cusp of buying the lite version in the very near future, but being honest on two fronts: I'm a hobbyist (admittedly with a personal project), and 2) never really done much rigging/animating, so I dunno what exactly I'd be able to provide in terms of feedback...

- Will.

hrgiger
01-20-2011, 08:14 PM
I'd love to try it Craig, but I'm afraid I won't be much help with the amount of time I have to play with it.

I did have a question though. I thought you had said before that people who want RHiggit pro could upgrade from the lite version by paying the difference. Do you know what the difference will be in case I want to take that option? (in US dollars if possible)

geo_n
01-20-2011, 09:47 PM
I would like to try it out.
I'm usually editing mocap for 3dmax and in lightwave I use maestro. It would be cool to see how the workflow compares to rigging and animating in those three.
So far maestro is on par to rigging with character studio for max due to the nature of skelegons that are easy to edit in modeller. I would like to see if rhiggit pro can offer the same flexibility in layout.

3dWannabe
01-20-2011, 10:34 PM
I'm using iPi for Motion Capture, MB 2011, and would love to test it!

VonBon
01-20-2011, 10:37 PM
i got a few days to test it out.

i'll do my bestest to break it :D

kosmodave
01-20-2011, 11:15 PM
I've been eagerly waiting for this one, but unfortunately I have very limited time to test at the moment and could not really offer you any legit feedback at the moment.
Looking forward to seeing how easy it is getting RHigit to play with mocap etc.

As soon as you release it I will be first in line to buy :thumbsup:.

Dave

Phil
01-21-2011, 01:38 AM
I've been using Maestro up to now, and slowly figuring out the Animeeple/LW interaction issues with mocap. I'm Mac-based and will be willing to kick the tyres if you need Mac-based testing resource.

I'll even proof read the documentation :D

LW_Will
01-21-2011, 02:54 AM
I'd like to try the program. I'm working with animation for features... more of an anime sort of approach.

I'd thought I'd use edited mocap files for most of the motion, using MotionBuilder for applying the mocap.

I'd really like to use a simple rig to work with both MB and if necessary LW.

dballesg
01-21-2011, 03:00 AM
Hi Craig,

I'm just reviewing your tutorials and doing a lot of research on rigging, and I even I have a character that I was about to rig manually following your techniques.

So I will be really interested on test Riggit Pro, as well as help you with any LScript help that you could think for it, providing it's doable on Lightwave and enters under my math skills! :)

And I think I could convince one of the animator on the office to do a small animation afterwards with the rigged character so we can test it fully!!! :)

David

skin12002
01-21-2011, 03:31 AM
Hi I have been working on a IPI, MBuilder, Lightwave pipeline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiSYCD6fUD0

and would be very intrested to test rhiggit pro in my pipeline,

thank you

Steve

Boo!
01-21-2011, 07:20 AM
...oh yeah!...
...thats great news like most here id love to but time is not permitting. RHiggit Lite has helped me a great deal and RH's help has been fantastic!...
...:thumbsup:
...would love to know how LW and Pro version handle multiple characters, like 4 or 5 in a scene. im using 9.6 and as its already been mentioned in other related threads theres a crazy drop in Layouts performance.

Greenlaw
01-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Hi RebelHill,

Well, you know what I'm going to say. :)

Thanks to your help and advice I have a good working system for getting iPi Studio mocap data transferred to my own LW rigs for the Brudders film. If you'd like to me to test RHiggit Pro with the iPi Studio system I can certainly make time for it. (I know I'll probably want to use RHiggit Pro on another project in the future.)

Greenlaw

gordonrobb
01-22-2011, 04:23 AM
Would love a chance to play as most of stuff I would use it for is not Tposed. Dunno If I'm too late, or if you have enough. Let me know anyway.

Eroneouse
01-22-2011, 09:20 AM
I would love the chance to have a play with your rigging system, though I have never done any character animation work apart from playing with a couple of free rigs that have been made available. So im a complete newb with no studio setup :bowdown:

Edit - currently got LW10 installed.

RebelHill
01-23-2011, 07:35 AM
Okie dokes...

Well thankyou all for your interest, it is very much appreciated.

I have now picked a handful of folks to join in, who I have PM'd with initial details, so if you didnt receive such a PM, then Im very sorry.

For anyone who may be interested to know how Ive made selection, Ive taken a mix of those into hand animation, mocap animation, macs, PCs, those with experience, and noobs, in the hope that it'll help make RHiggit pro as functional and accessible for all as possible.

Thanks again.

gordonrobb
01-23-2011, 09:02 AM
Ah well, was worth a try. Go test it guys and make it as excellent as I'm sure it can be.

kosmodave
01-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Don't forget to keep us apprised of progress.

Dave

RebelHill
01-23-2011, 01:05 PM
I certainly shall do...

And regarding the preformance question... RHiggit is jsut a rigger, it has no impact whatsoever on LWs actual performance, so the pro version will be no different in that respect to the lite. Whilst there will be additional tools added in to make working with multiple rigs in a single scene as fast as possible, nothing I do can fix the underlying performance issues in LW, and 4-5 characters... I most certainly wouldnt want to try... LWs limit seems to be about 2... any more than that and the performance dropoff is enourmous.

MaDDoX
01-24-2011, 04:17 AM
Too bad I wasn't in for the initial request (weekend off for rest) but you know I'm a hardcore Mobu + Maya + LW hand and mocap-edit animator, if in need feel free to use me :)

Though I have to be honest to you that no pre-made rig - except for the FBIK one - has ever excited me, for *any* platform. I've even used a couple of them professionally, like Anzovin's, but I find them too tedious to work with, too much work to hit some key poses so they never really allow you to get "in the zone".

any more than that and the performance dropoff is enourmous.
For such affairs I've got nice result with proxys + deformations turned off, but I'm sure you're aware of that possibility. Unfortunately I seem to be the only person in the world who've actually used sockmonkey successfully (to my surprise, 'coz I find it really handy to overcome some of the LW limitations), and curiously enough I'm made fun of due to its usage :) My fault in fact, I should just take a break and post some final production videos + tutorials heh.

Boo!
01-24-2011, 09:32 AM
I certainly shall do...

And regarding the preformance question... RHiggit is jsut a rigger, it has no impact whatsoever on LWs actual performance, so the pro version will be no different in that respect to the lite. Whilst there will be additional tools added in to make working with multiple rigs in a single scene as fast as possible, nothing I do can fix the underlying performance issues in LW, and 4-5 characters... I most certainly wouldnt want to try... LWs limit seems to be about 2... any more than that and the performance dropoff is enourmous.

...thanks again for that info. ive also found 2 characters in scene is the limit before performance levels which are non productive.