PDA

View Full Version : LW10 production ready?

StereoMike
01-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Hi guys,

I have a nice project coming in next month and the lw10-viewport rendering and space pilot support would make some nice toys to play with when the client shows up for discussing the project.
But is the rest of the package production proof and do all of the 9.6 plugins work in 10?

Thanks ,
mike

colkai
01-21-2011, 03:34 AM
I'd be very wary of using anything in production until you've tested it out to some extent.
Are you using it now? Do you find it stable? Does it work with the plugins you think you'll need?
If the answer is NO to anyone of these, stick with something you can rely on, otherwise, take the risk I guess. :)

Boris Goreta
01-21-2011, 07:40 AM
For me, everything works great, I have no issues. FPrime, G2, Sasquatch, LWCAD, HD Instance, DPont plugins all working fine in x64.

4dartist
01-21-2011, 08:55 AM
There are some bugs and issues, but nothing so far is show stopping for me. I've probably done 20 shots or so using LW10. It fixes a few really annoying multi-monitor issues that 9.6 had with Snow Leopard. However now there are some new quarks to deal with, all in all though it's an improvement.

VPR is only marginally useful, it's pretty slow, but sometimes it hands down beats doing F9 render after F9 render.

So far all of my plugins have work, but I don't use that many. Mainly Dpont ones.

LW 10 (Mac 64) on 8core Mac Pro.

archijam
01-21-2011, 09:01 AM
The main thing to look for is what is/isn't compatible with VPR. Some things of course don't show up, or there are tricks to force a refresh every now and then ..

If in doubt even prepare a 'client friendly' set of textures that you know are faster and react well to VPR.