PDA

View Full Version : graph editor crashes layout

kief
09-28-2003, 09:23 PM
hi everyone,
when i attempt to open graph editor in layout it makes layout "unexpectedly quit." i have no other programs running. relaunching, starting, running layout in os 9 don't do a thing. the only difference in os 9 is that layout just crashes and quits without saying a thing or making a noise. every other aspect of layout seems to be working fine. i have a 450 MHz G4 with about a gig of RAM with an ATI rage 128 pro card. i'm running lightwave 7.5c with mac os 10.2.6. if you think it has to do with the versions, how do i downgrade either lightwave or os x? any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated as always.

thanx a zillion million

kief

Triple G
09-28-2003, 11:04 PM
Before you grade anything (up- or down-), try trashing your preferences files, which should be located in Hard Drive:Users:Your User Name:Library:Preferences, then relaunch LW and see if the problem still exists.

The files in question are called:

LightWave Layout 3 Prefs
LightWave Modeler 3 Prefs
LightWave Extensions 3 Prefs, and
LightWave Hub Prefs

Be aware that you'll need to re-add any 3rd-party plugins as well as any custom menus/keyboard assignments after doing this.

kief
09-30-2003, 10:30 AM
Thanks, I easily forget about things like that. Haven't had to trash the prefs in a very long time.

Kief