PDA

View Full Version : Slowing Down Video

Videonut
09-28-2003, 09:22 PM
I have been trying to get an effect of slowing down video form 100% speed to 0%. I would like to accomplish this over a 2-4 second timeframe. How can this be done?

UnCommonGrafx
09-28-2003, 09:45 PM
Which version of VT do you have?

With VT[2] it's a matter of cutting up the clip and reducing the speed on each piece to zero.

With Vt[3], well, using the splines you can do a whole bunch of speed ramping.

My guess is you have VT[2]; means the long way around.
Good luck!

Jim_C
09-29-2003, 08:23 AM
See ideas above or (If using T2) play clip thru ddr, record program out thru capture, grab the shuttle knob and manually crank the speed as it plays. Takes a couple tries to get it right, but you can get that nice ramp effect in T2 this way that splines allow in T3. The cutting of clips and changing speed of each clip works good sometimes and sometimes not, depending on amount of change over time.

Videonut
09-29-2003, 12:35 PM
I have the VT3 - What splines are there for speed. I have been looking. Am I missing something? Point me in the right direction because that was the first thing I was thinking about when changing the speed.

Jim_C
09-29-2003, 01:11 PM
Highlight the video clip.
Choose the control tree in the bottom pane.
Click the + next to layer settings.
Click on Playback speed to make yellow and then it will show your spline in the lower right.(Long straight line.) That represents speed. Start placing nodes and bending the line above and below 100% to speed up or down.
If you need it there is a general spline tut on the Newtek site.

good luck

jim

UnCommonGrafx
09-29-2003, 04:54 PM
You ARE missing out on a lot! :D

Chapter 8 is a MUST read for you, mah friend, as that one chapter will bring to light some great and amazing feats you can accomplish with TeD.

They even go through this process you seek. As Jim has already given you the rundown I thought this would be the next path of learning for you.

It's worth it, I'm tellin' ya! :cool: