PDA

View Full Version : Model face how ?

nightrider
01-20-2011, 12:34 AM
I use FaceGen Modeller v 3.4 to create the face but how can I build face
directly to the modeler lighwave with this application ??.
I dont now how to model humane face to lgw

THX
for all the answer I get and help

Danner
01-20-2011, 02:14 AM
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=312180

should give you ideas

prometheus
01-20-2011, 05:38 AM
It takes time to learn how to do that, I believe there´s a couple of main techiques, mainly..

1. Box modeling- you start by creating simple geometry such a box, dividing,extrude,scale and smooth shifting to add detail etc..

2. spline patching-drawing out spline curves and then patch them.

3. detailed extending of point,poly,edges- that is roughing out the face by tracing it from a background image, the extending edges,points and polys from that, and then pushing moving that to get the profile.

One guy, who excels in doing box modeling, with few tools and working fast is
Taron.
He has a commercial tutorial, free Good tutorials are hard to find.

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/store/product/339/The-Secrets-of-Organic-Modeling

Inside lightwave 7 from dan ablan has the extender techniques for a very nice head created, and inside lightwave 8 has the spline techniques for a head.

otherwise..search google for lightwave head modeling tutorials and you might find some free stuff or samples, splinegod probably have some too.

But to be Honest, try simple organic stuff first with subpatches, create a simple head shape for an animal or cartoony stuff, and learn how to smooth shift,extend etc.

In the end you probably will have to work the polyflow with spinquads wich
takes some time to learn.

Michael

Sensei
01-20-2011, 05:49 AM
That's box modeling - make box, drag points to match reference image, split geometry, move, split, move, etc. until getting desired result.

In that video, I was cutting only in one viewport, but you don't have to do it necessary this way, and after every cut in front viewport, move point in right viewport, but it will require constant dropping/activating different tool. Good reference images/photos in front and right projections are very important. You can take photo of your family member or friend. Do photos on white background. Don't move camera, and ask person to rotate 90 degree, really carefully. Remember, the more precision in taking them, the less troubles in modeling.