PDA

View Full Version : New LightNet software - needing Alpha testers

JoeJustice
01-19-2011, 03:22 PM
This may be a little bit of a premature announcement...

I am in the Alpha stage of a totally new version of LightNet that I have rewritten from scratch. It's a lot different from the original. It's internet based and uses a watch folder to collect scene data rather than adding scenes to the program. The render nodes do not have to be on a local network.

I believe that by this weekend I'll be to the point where I can get some help testing the system. I haven't written any tutorials or anything on setup. So I'll just have to tell you how the system works and get feedback on it. I'm also under some tight deadlines at the moment at work, so I'm trying to mix this and hope I'll find the time.

I guess I'm just kind of wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me test the new system for a few weeks, knowing I might not be able to address any issues right away. If so, let me know, because I'm pretty excited about the project and want to get it out there.

-Joe

P.S. I do plan on the software being free when it's ready.

OnlineRender
01-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Goodluck , sounds freakin awesome !

rezman
01-19-2011, 07:51 PM
Sent you a PM concerning this.

archijam
01-20-2011, 01:57 AM
Nice! :thumbsup:

Netvudu
01-23-2011, 05:27 PM
you got another PM from me Joe.

JoeJustice
01-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Great! Thanks to everyone who's helping. I think it's coming along pretty well. This new systems works totally different from the previous version. I think it's a lot different from any other rendering controller. I'm looking forward to getting feedback.

-Joe