View Full Version : Size Issus

nightrider
01-19-2011, 07:06 AM
Hi!
I have try now to build house with this size

With 20 m
deep 8 m
High 15 m

and when I try that lok crap bequse I se the model to small and I cant build the window, doors, etc so that lok nice for relastic size how shuld I do ??

Danner
01-19-2011, 08:00 AM
No idea where you are having trouble, meters and feet and inches for that matter, work fine in LW.

Only thing I can think of is you having your model too far from center. Center it in modeler and see if it works.

JeffrySG
01-19-2011, 10:48 AM
yep, you can hit F3 to center on ground plane and then hit shift-a to focus on the area you want to work on or just the 'a' key to focus on the entire object.

prometheus
01-20-2011, 03:34 AM
I would suggest to look at the the view panel in modeler, You can select a poly area close to where you would like to work and use the fit selected command button, that will zoom and center to that poly area, and your perspective viewport will be able to rotate around that.

You can also use the hide unselected command, if you for example select a window frame base area, that will hide everything else except the window, donīt worry the other partīs of the model is still there, once your finished doing the work on the window, just use the unhide command.
Also when you use the hide
unselected to work only with selected poly areas, you can simply press the a button to center that poly area, that works similar to fit selected.

You should also take a look at working with windows in in other layers.

for better workflow, map the fit selected to a shortcut you first would come to think of for that tool.

Good luck

Michael