PDA

View Full Version : LW9.6 Layout - moving the camera

stephenbuck415
01-18-2011, 12:27 PM
I'm viewing a scene in Layout using the Camera view. There is 1 camera and 1 light.

When in Camera View, I can select and move objects in the screen, but I have not found the controls to move the camera (I can move the camera when in Perspective View).

How do I move the camera when in Camera View?

Thank you

nickdigital
01-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Select the Camera button that's at the bottom of the window. It's in-between Lights and Properties.

It sounds like when you're in Perspective view you're selecting the camera in the window. In Camera view you need to select it from either the Scene Editor to by hitting the Camera button.

stephenbuck415
01-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Oh, very good, thank you.

It looks like I can Translate > Move and Rotate > Rotate the camera with the left and right mouse buttons.

Thanks again.

wrench
01-18-2011, 01:44 PM
It's move in X and Z with the LMB and Y with the RMB, then to rotate just roll the mouse wheel a little and then it's LMB for rotating in the H and P and RMB for the B.

B

prometheus
01-20-2011, 02:56 AM
a Tip for you..

To let the camera follow an object, or if you would like to orbit around an object with the camera in camera viewport, press M..that will bring up the motion options for the camera, make sure you have selected the camera first.
In the motions tab, under target item..select your object.
after that the camera will orbit around the object or zoom if you hold the left mouse button in and drag, right mouse will pitch the camera up or down.

I prefer to add a null and name it camera target, that way you can position the camera target where you want, and you can parent that target to an object if necessary, the null object letīs you focus your target more dynamic than just target an object.

Now..wouldnīt it be nice if Newtek could add a camera target feature directly within the camera properties with a prebuilt target marker, most other 3d apps seem to have that, this would of course mean that the motion option should be added to the properties panel too.

Michael