PDA

View Full Version : Any LightWave 10 Audio issues?

Surrealist.
01-18-2011, 11:59 AM
I am trying to use LightWave 10 64 bit on a windows 7 64 bit Machine. I can not hear playback of audio loaded, even though I can see the wave in the timeline. It is loaded but will not play back. When I select "Listen" I get "unexpected preview error".

Currently using my on board audio card in my laptop. Vegas has not issues with it, the card seems to be working just fine.

Are there any known issues? Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks.

nickdigital
01-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Do you have the same problem with the 32 bit version of LW?

Surrealist.
01-18-2011, 03:59 PM
I have not tried that version, no.

john_the_blind
01-27-2011, 10:37 AM
arg, i have the same problem...i have two identical machine...but on one audio is working, but on the other, not working...may be a driver or an another software problem...keep searching

hrgiger
01-27-2011, 10:52 AM
Same here on my windows 64 bit machine. Waveform loads into timeline, can't hear audio and trying to play audio from the scene editor gives me the unexpected preview error.

BTW, have you fogged this?

Marvin Miller
01-27-2011, 02:06 PM
I know of a couple solutions. Try updating your Direct X version. If that does not work this was reported a few months ago:

"The problem is that Windows defines the roles of audio devices differently when a 'default communications device' is specified in the Windows playback preferences than when only a default device is specified. This change looks for this situation and finds an appropriate device to listen through."

If it still doesn't work, please make a bug report.

j0SH
05-03-2011, 05:58 AM
When I had this problem I enabled the "Audio Scrubbing" in the audio options in the scene editor and it worked. For some reason it isn't automatically enabled when the scene is loaded.

Brazilian
06-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Hmm I'm getting this too in Win 7 Pro x64 - But audio scrubbing won't even turn on (is it supposed to show with a checkmark beside it?)

I can't update DirectX, there's nothing to update to.

And I've only got one audio device so it is the only default (I have no separate 'communications device')

I'm on an HP z400 with the integrated Realtek audio.

Lightbringer
07-25-2011, 07:11 PM
I am also running Win7x64, Dx11, and I am currently experiencing the same situation: no audio, "unexpected preview error", and the Audio Scrubbing option does not show a check. Do we know anything new about this?

Lightbringer
07-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Now I know something new about this. My DirectX did need updating, despite reporting Dx 11 and appearing to be fine and dandy. I hit DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35) just for kicks, and behold: it works. My bad.

Brazilian
07-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Thanks Lightbringer, this sorted it out for me as well. The updater downloaded like 6 different patches for various previous versions of DX.

And now having done it, I realize LW10 probably worked on my home machine without doing anything because I also have a bunch of games installed on it, and I'm sure various DX versions and updates have been installed along the way :)

fgreen
08-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Thanks again Lightbringer. Having the same problem and the DirectX link fixed it.

Surrealist.
08-06-2011, 03:05 AM
Cool. Looks like this sorted it then. I was in the middle of production at the time and I did not have the time to sort it out completely and just had to go with a more general timing for the scene. When I get LW fired up again I'll see if this fixes it.

Thanks!

imshadi
08-20-2013, 08:46 AM
Now I know something new about this. My DirectX did need updating, despite reporting Dx 11 and appearing to be fine and dandy. I hit DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35) just for kicks, and behold: it works. My bad.

Thank you. This solution worked for me for Lightwave 11.0 on a Win7 machine. I also had the problem that the Audio Scrubbing option would not enable itsef.