PDA

View Full Version : TVC - Nice work, LW used for character animation.

kevman3d
01-17-2011, 01:18 AM
Check this "making of" out for a local TVC for a Supermarket chain here in New Zealand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGGqRzGpOtk

CG created and animated by local studio Flux Animation here in Auckland. Around 1:40 in the video, you'll see our favorite application was used. :thumbsup:

Danner
01-17-2011, 01:51 AM
I like it :thumbsup: :lwicon:

geo_n
01-17-2011, 01:57 AM
very cool. lw is perfect for these tv productions.
wonder how those baskets are rigged.
Wish we had more tutorials on how to rig non human characters that are the same quality tuts as RH.

kevman3d
01-17-2011, 02:13 AM
very cool. lw is perfect for these tv productions

Indeed! I worked there for over 5 years - We bashed a LOT of TVC's out with short or tight time frames - LW is fantastic for that kind of work... Its great to see even now they're still using it... :thumbsup:

There's still a couple of local studios (Flux and Toybox) using LW around here - Though most are Maya based (no surprise there).

http://www.toybox.co.nz/

Check out their "Work > Animation" section of the site for a few... Some nice work in here...

evenflcw
01-17-2011, 02:53 AM
Very nice work and cute animation. :)

RebelHill
01-17-2011, 04:54 AM
wonder how those baskets are rigged.
Wish we had more tutorials on how to rig non human characters that are the same quality tuts as RH.

Very cute lil commercial. As for the wondering... 2 arms, 2 legs... look like any ol regular biped character to me... add an extra 2 FK bones, one for each carry handle, and done Id say.

hrgiger
01-17-2011, 05:12 AM
Pretty nice work I'd say.

MaDDoX
01-17-2011, 11:49 AM
Around 1:40 in the video, you'll see our favorite application was used. :thumbsup:
And in 1:51, you can see my third favorite animation package - Mobu is #2, can't take the crown due to that silly dependency on weights ;)
Anyways, tbh I don't see anything there that couldn't be done with pure Lightwave, artists probably found a challenge to animate and sync multiple characters at once in LW. With the right setup I think it'd work just fine.

kevman3d
01-18-2011, 12:43 AM
I got a message back from one of the guys who tells me all development was done with LW (ie. models, etc, etc) and that the LW in that video was a test animation they'd done.

The TVC was then animated in Maya. Oh well. At least LW was still used in the production. :thumbsup:

TeZzy
01-18-2011, 01:10 AM
Hey Kev,

How's it going?

Yea, from what I know. Our small team at Toybox is probably the only studio left using LW for full productions in NZ.... I could be wrong. Though, I could see why others have jumped ship from LW.

geo_n
01-18-2011, 06:16 AM
I got a message back from one of the guys who tells me all development was done with LW (ie. models, etc, etc) and that the LW in that video was a test animation they'd done.

The TVC was then animated in Maya. Oh well. At least LW was still used in the production. :thumbsup:

Its probably because there aren't that many lw character animators around. Maya animators on the other hand, they're everywhere. AD is like the borg.

Kuzey
01-18-2011, 06:42 AM
Coolness!

Kuzey

01-18-2011, 08:41 AM
Excellent!